Focbox Unity issues

running the latest Unity firmware from enertion.

Soooo my Unity won’t turn off LOL. Turns on fine, but no matter what combo of button presses I use it won’t off.

Anyone else get this?

Edit: Switch function in general is spotty. Sometimes turns on, sometimes doesn’t. Sign of a failing button?

@CiscoV :point_up:

2 Likes

Check the wires at the switch. One of mine broke off under the heat shrink so I redid them all.

2 Likes

Replaced mine after it stopped working.

Sure you guys have all seen this, but if not:

4 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for passing the word out Bill
I still have a shit ton of switches available!
Heck. Let me know if you need some. I’ll ship outside the country for you brother :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Make sure the remote settings are set to UART 115200 baud. That’s what got my vx2 working

First confirm a couple things, you’re using unity with vx2 pro? the unity isn’t fully compatible for telemetry for the vx2 with the black and white screen. If it is the vx2 pro, you got the version for vesc4, not 6 correct? Then if all that is right, and you are connected via uart to the unity, you need to use the focbox TOOL app, not the UI. go in the tool app and change remote to uart/nunchuck. Set baud to 115200 and you should get full control and telemetry.

3 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

I’m good, but appreciated!

1 Like

I’m getting poor braking performance on my unity. I’m running 23.46 firmware. Raptor 2.1 electronics and mechanics as seen in the pic
IMG_20200119_183136_734|499x499

1 Like

Not sure what type of remote you have if it has a speed mode selection check that. I accidentally hit mine and almost ran into my garage. Reduced my braking at 75%. I have the Nano remote.

2 Likes

What are current limits @moja?

80A motor max each
80 Brake motor max each
70A batt max
15A regen max

I just options for exponential function, power function and polynomial function. I was thinking of switching back to 2 Focboxes and running Ackmaniac firmware for more control, I’ve felt more performance with them.

2 Likes

Increase braking regen max to -25A, what battery you have. On the unity this value needs to be increased more than in dual focboxes. I alsost crashed several times due to weak brakes until I changed that value.

What battery do you have?

I have a 10s4p Samsung 30Q so max charge rate per cell is 4a

I’d say don’t worry about maximum charge until 20A regen, algorithm has changed on the Unity, dual focboxes had way more braking force at really low current like -10A or -12A, the Unity needs more current to brake properly. Be careful with the board if you decide to mantain 15A of regen, the board will have really weak brakes and might cause an injury if you ride on traffic.

1 Like