Focbox Unity issues

It’ll start. Eventually. Really saves battery because you’ll get half a block down before it boots up.

12 Likes

guys, any suggestions on how to get the most lifespan out of my unity ?
just in the process of setting it up, and i know there is some points i should watch out for,

like cooling, allready solved that
not using the original switch, but a loopkey
not using sensors

any more suggestions ?

Why not using the original on/off switch. It has worked pretty good for me.

The unity does not need anything just install and abuse. It’s already pretty reliable

10 Likes

Not sure who told you that. Yes cooling is the most important, use the button, use the sensors. That does not harm your unity in any way. It doesn’t care about the button and the sensors only work up several km/h and then they switch off anyway. I recommend putting a little hot glue on all the connectors to make sure they don’t disconnect under vibrations. And then just ride and ride :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it possible to use the trampa wand remote, together with unity ?

2bb1dac154f50aebb991f85eb41830157ecb5d38

2 Likes

what’s funny is the flipsky VX2 with the color screen works fine over UART with the unity, even though you can’t really calibrate the remote in the UI. You just have to set the remote to (i kid you not) FOCBOX mode in the remote’s settings.

now why can’t the wand remote be made to do that?

8 Likes

Unfortunately not

1 Like

has ANYONE successfully had a Unity and been able to connect to Ack for telemetry?

@thisguyhere

I believe he was using HM-10 BT module.

2 Likes

there are LOTS of peeps hung out to dry with HM-10 modules not being able to retrieve telemetry from ACK… @glyphiks (notice no slanty text) and I are 2 of them…
but that is a horse of another color… I gots 2 Unities, both will “connect” to ACK but neither of them can receive telemetry…

@thisguyhere… Joe… how make work?

3 Likes

Mine always worked w ack FW. I’ll try it w unity in the next few days. Nico came out w the update a month or so ago to get it working w unity.

2 Likes

hmmmmm thanks… I’ve got the latest ACK app and the latest FW on 2 Unities, and another build with an HM-10 module and I get nada tostada for telemetry on ACK… nada… ex-@surfer-of-dirt and a couple of others experienced the same issue…

@jesus

…maybe it’s me…

faaak

1 Like

Which module are you using? BKB ones?

4 Likes

on the

Maytech VESC

yeah I’m using the BKB hm-10 Bluetooth module… on the Unity’s whatever Bluetooth module they ship with…

1 Like

Yeah i was using the bkb module on the makerx 4.12 dual. Said it was connected but no telemetry and wouldn’t read or write any vesc settings

2 Likes

Ah. I’ve always used mine on focbox, ves6, fsesc 6. Ive never tried it on any esc.

exactly the same

connected… but zero telemetry… I don’t even wanna change settings… the Unity app is brilliant for that… I just wanna know why zero telemetry…

1 Like

You’ve probably already tried this but maybe switch the RX and tx pins? 9600 baudrate?

Reason I asked is that Everytime I do first time setup, I overlook these things.

1 Like

yup

yup

1 Like