FOCBOX IS BACK?

single or dual?

1 Like

FWIW these very photos were sent out in the mass email newsletter by enertion to everyone on the mailing list. I have the email that still has the set of photos. They’re all factory photos. Jason had mentioned this at the time when everyone was mad about the shipping delays on the unities and showed the photos as proof that they were done and coming “soon”

Can anybody help with translation?

Comes back to a Xinwei Technology Co…

https://www.zhipin.com/gongsi/746f78a58bc13d4e1nR53t26GA~~.html

1 Like

Shenzhen Xinwei Technology Co but the registration address provided is different from the one listed at
https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/0575255D:CH
Instead it says:
Registration No. 101, Factory No. 9, Xiaweiyuan Industrial Zone, Gucheng Community, Xixiang Street, Baoan District, Shenzhen

general business projects are: design, development, and sales of electronic components, microwave devices, circuit boards, copper clad laminates, and electronic products; domestic trade; import and export of goods and technologies. (Except for laws, administrative regulations, and items determined by the State Council that must be approved before registration), licensed business items are: …

Registration authority: Shenzhen Market Supervision Administration

source: googley

the address on the ali pic is closer, but not identical to the one listed at
https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.shenzhen_xinwei_technology_co_ltd.f3ce1e4f44e972c210930b49db9f1c83.html
which says they have 6 employees but do us$1.25 mil/yr in revenue which doesn’t sound quite right

Bought one :slight_smile: Got it at $212
Report back in 30-60 days when it arrives. If I’m lucky ofc :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Dual, the older version not the plus nor the mini. I haven’t had any issues yet. Some cutouts (on 12s6p) when setting my batt. Max too high probably.
When lowering to 45bat max I have no issues. I bought it a while ago on the older forum for 125euro, it was brand new. But maybe I was just lucky to never had any issues with it (yet).

1 Like

Xinwei Technology are pretty big cheese, I’d be surprised if they were making unity’s but crazier things have happened.

If @Deodand wasn’t such an adult lockbox he could probably clear this up for us. I both love it and hate it at the same time.

4 Likes

Update for the raptor store. They are sending me the correct wheels free of charge. Honestly people!

Imagine the heart attack Jason would have lol

1 Like

I am pretty sure those are “leftovers” from the original company that used to manufacturer the Unitys for Jason and they had some stock left that they never got paid for and then because Jason’s out of the game they sold them off to another chinese company in Bulk which is now getting rid of them.

@kevingraehl
The company that sells them mostly does not even know what the supposed function of the products is that they sell. Hence an error with an Antispark Plug staying on just sounds like some Old Greek Poem to them - they have no clue that any of that is possibly.

The turn on power they see blink blink - means Product GOOD - go to shipment - DONE.

Most of those companies earn close to nothing - I was working in Wuzhou China for a couple of weeks and my man you don’t want to change lifes with any of mainland chinas workers/people for sure - believe me that.

There was no ill will intented for sure - they just most of the time don’t know - don’t see the difference (because they are not experts in the products they sell)…

Just imagine your grandma having a side business selling PC Parts and someone complaining that the CPU they bought only can go up to 1.5V Vcore and you clearly wanted a 1.85V Variant - your grandma for sure would say “WTF, is a Volt ? - I am only trying to get money to buy noodles - jeez”

14 Likes

They claim full warranty!

3 Likes

Warranty can only be guaranteed by the manufacturer. It can be “passed on” to an official reseller but as the unities are not manufactured anymore (as far as anybody knows) all a reseller can do is guarantee to exchange the product with whatever he has in stock or alternatively give you a refund.

This is exactly why I have an issue with what is happening here. This seller has no idea of the entire story behind what is happening and doesn’t deserve to be brought down in the crossfire. Any attempts to get replacements should first be done under the official means instead of a charge back as this seller hasn’t shown they will refuse stuff yet

6 Likes

I am also for fair play - sometimes we forget that chinese manufacturers are humans too.
They don’t have a happy 9 to 5 and are mostly really trying to have a good business relation which sometimes is quite hard if you want a product produced as cheap and as fast as possible.

4 Likes

Did you read my posts!! I will give them all benefit of doubts. And if they don’t take care of it after the break , then I’ll chargback. Unless someone else is talking about chargbacks your preaching is getting annoying

1 Like

Lets hope everything works out then… surely just a broken (always on) mosfet in the anti spark switch section.

1 Like

Just so everyone is aware I’m pretty much 100% confident that these unities are coming from Jason. What chinese factory do you know who is liquidating stock that runs/sets up targeted facebook ads? I am seeing these ads on the regular. The enertion raptor parts store is just Jason selling parts out from under liquidation. Someone else also looked up the email for the enertion raptor parts email address and the security phone number for password recovery last 4 digits matched jason’s cell number. This whole operation is super shady.

24 Likes

but they get shipped from Hong Kong… where would jason have the money to run such an operation ?

Yes, he has contact with our old manufacturer and already a shipping forwarding service setup. He had called me previously and mentioned a few wealthy friends who were looking to get involved. It doesn’t take much money and its also clear he is selling off old stock that was supposed to go toward building raptors. This doesn’t take much money. You really shouldn’t decieve eachother into thinking this is anyone but Jason making a quick buck under a different banner.

16 Likes

3 Likes

It’s really not a great mystery, its super obvious if you think about it for just a few moments.

10 Likes

And the AliExpress units? Same thing, right?

1 Like