FOC Sensorless (Coging)

Is it possible to somehow reduce the coging on startup (FOC in sensorless mode)? setting to change in vesc tool?

1 Like

Use HFI to eliminate cogging:

8 Likes

Thank you. looks nice :slight_smile: is the noise only if i start from standstill or everytime i push the throttle?

any other option to reduce coging…read something about changing start ramp voltage…

Makes sound only from standstill. The other, obvious answer, is to either push off with your feet, or get sensored motors and use the sensors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yeah the absolute best way to overcome the senseless FOC cogging is to push your board with your feet… Like, pretend for a second you’re on a regular longboard, then gun it :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Why not use HFI, it’s the solution everyone has been waiting for ages?

3 Likes

It is a reflex to push start my boards. Been analog longboarding for 12 years so never understood the need to start from a standstill

Difficult with bindings LOL :smiley:

2 Likes

Also with excessively large top mounts

1 Like

Increase motor amp settings helps

When your board accelerates faster than you can push from standstill, then kickstarting gets a little scary if you’re into full throttling :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just want to clarify…noise it is not cogging…so the question it is…you do not like the starting noise or motors are cogging?

OP was experiencing cogging; and then asked if the HFI noise is audible constantly, or only on startup. You are the one who is confused my friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yep! my bad!!! sorry about that!

1 Like

Does this count as a large top mount? :wink: 10s6p on 6shooters

1 Like

I usually stand on my board before throttling lol