Flipsky VX4 remote

Ive had 5 of these VX4’s (me and friends). One the signal kept dropping out randomly. Flipsky sent a new reciever and free vx4 remote. Apparently there is a tiny tiny resistor/capicitor (highighted in purple at the bottom) that might not of been soldered correctly on the antenna pcb, pic below.

I have my vx4 in mixed mode, uart and ppm on a unity running fw5.1. Cant seem to get battery status…i had it once then it stopped, and now i cant get it back…bit odd. Anyone else running mixed mode and able to get data?

6 Likes

Nevermind, figured out that you need to make sure vesc type is set to FSESC when not using focbox firmware :wink:

2 Likes

Does anyone suffer from disconnects with the VX2? I have usually one disconnect every few hours.

Update. After some reasonable abuse, the remote is still holding strong. I’ve given it some fair whacks this last weekend. The lanyard hasn’t lasted well but that’s small potatoes.

15 Likes

wonder how the screen will fair to abuse :wink:

2 Likes

It would be proper smashed. All the while it’s working though it’s great.

2 Likes

Anybody create step models of the PCB?

2 Likes

Never. My 3 vx2 remotes have an been a rock solid connection.

1 Like

Ive gone through a new reviever, new remote and new wires and I still suffer from brief disconnects :pensive:

You sure it’s not just the area you ride in?

1 Like

Yea that could definitely be it.
Ive ridden with a Hobbywing remote in thr same area with zero disconnects though - for many months. So has my 2 friends.

But it is usually in Copenhagen (city) after all so most likely interference.

2 Likes

Interesting for sure

2 Likes

To add to this ive not had a single disconnect since replacing the reciever, but that would disconnect from 0.5m away. The four that me and my friends have been running have been faultless. The screen does seem to scratch when landed on, but not shattered or crack yet!

1 Like

Anyone got 3d model? Just want to flip it for left hand usage

2 Likes

Im guessing the screen is some kind of plastic, acrylic or whatever right?

1 Like

Feels like plastic to me.
I’d be annoyed if it got scratched so ordered a few of these:

Looks like anything from 28mm - 32mm should work. I went with 30mm.

2 Likes

i love everything about this remote except the lack of a function for lights/horn

I don’t love the ergonomics. I have big hands so to keep the pad of my thumb on the wheel I have to hold it with thumb and two fingers.
I wish the thumb wheel was twice as big with twice as much throw.
Basically I wish the whole thing was scaled up by 100%.
I can get used to it tho it’s not terrible.

I can sort of see why they don’t have that feature. It would be a button that for most people would not work unless they presumably hook a output on the receiver to a relay and so on. Def not plug and play. Flipsky barely seems to be able to get a handle on the order of the pins on the one connector as it is.

The fact that they would rather maintain two skus for the one with the VESC4 connector and the one with the VESC6 connector instead of just putting both of those five cent connectors in the box says to me they are not thinking things through. You can’t possibly be coming out ahead with all that rigamarole ya dumdums!

5 Likes

yeah maybe my standards are too high… been using spintend remotes for as long as I’ve had a vesc, so I’m spoiled by the built in features

1 Like