Flipsky VX4 remote

O the MT v2 I c I c

1 Like

have you not seen my bideo where i yhrow it in the pool?

You didn’t open it did you?

1 Like

i did, but i dontthink it’s in the bideo

i don’t wanna risk losing my ohotos library butbi cannnn search for ot and send it to ya, it’s kinda nice ngl

1 Like

Lmao its fine I don’t need it

Thanks tho

bought one of these, excited to try it out… honestly I think the shape looks comfortable. 1200mah battery is solid too

4 Likes

VX4​:question: thought they were at VX3 :astonished: Oh, wow… it’s a new one.

USB-C flying saucer now :flying_saucer: and they ditched the wonky wireless charging :rofl: HAHA glad they had comon sense.

1 Like

I see these are turning up on peoples doorsteps.
What’s been the real world experiences of people with them?

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve got one still waiting to be put into my board but first look, it’s great. Awesome screen and comfortable grip.

2 Likes

That sounds promising.

1 Like

Yeah, @EDness had a weird issue with his not being calibrated properly or something, and allegedly the pcb might be shared with the VX2 somewhat, but testing will tell if it is annoying or not.

I’ve been slacking but I am intending to record a first impressions/setup video this week

3 Likes

Dry lube works wonders when triggers get stuck, helped solve my issues inmy trampa wand

I like mine so far. It’s comfortable in my hand and easy to put in your pocket. The screen is really big and bright. So far the battery life is stellar. I haven’t had any dangerous issues yet. For $80 I’m pretty happy.

I still like my OSRR, but this has been a good remote for my second board.

3 Likes

just got mine in. Super comfortable in the hand, throttle is fairly smooth, screen is large and bright, and overall the remote is pretty damn small. I’m not gonna use it till they figure out the firmware issues, but im excited to use this thing until the vaporware OSRR lands in my possession (soon?)

4 Likes

Don’t know if any that have received these have any updates but I ordered one a couple weeks ago before the issues popped up, got a message back from flipsky yesterday saying it would be shipped once their engineers had optimised the software.

This morning got an email from aliexpress, flipsky have cancelled my order. I don’t mind as they need to fix issues first anyway but makes me think it could be more of a hardware issue?

I’m not an RF engineer but unless they completely fuck the antenna it doesn’t seem very likely to be hardware. They’re relatively common parts, likely following the datasheet designs, the main thing that they have input on is the plastic and the firmware

2 Likes

I’ve been running mine without any problems for over two weeks now. I’m running it on UART without any other UART devices. That might be why I’m having good luck.
So far I like it, but I want to make a new shell for it that is more ergo. The current shape works, but it could 100% be improved upon. Fortunately the guts are really nice for designing new enclosures for. They look easy to work with.

7 Likes

I’m not an engineer either and your probably right, just thought they would have fixed the issue and sent when done. Cancelling makes me think it may be more work than they originally thought unless just doing this rather than leaving people hanging.

Either way, hope they get it sorted soon as really like the look of this one compared to others in this price range

1 Like

any updates on this? did they ship new firmware or anything? thinking about grabbing one of these

1 Like