Flipsky VX4 remote

Dunno, haven’t heard an official update as far as I know

1 Like

Some photos with details, the board design says it’s vx2 mini lol. Did someone get a response from flipsky? Gonna be using it with BT UART dongle so I guess it’s where issues arise

6 Likes

Just a heads up to everyone - I received the firmware update for my vx4, and it completely fucked up the remote. In the shitty tutorial video that they send out, they had you update the remote firmware first, and then the receiver. After I updated my remote, it would no longer pair to my receiver and now I have no way of updating that and I have a dud remote.

8 Likes

Just wonder have you had any issues before updating?

1 Like

I never used it because I was instructed not to by flipsky

5 Likes

any update from them?

1 Like

Ironic lol

I wonder if updating the receiver first would fix it? I’m assuming you emailed them about this issue

1 Like

It’s sunday so I havent bothered emailing them. I’ll send em one tmr

2 Likes

It’s a long weekend so they probably won’t get back to you until Tuesday anyway.

nah just send it to em, it’s higher up the email stack when they return to work

4 Likes

Update: I got my remote updated. I just had to keep power cycling my esc until the remote finally caught the esc… weird.

7 Likes

The connection to the comm port unstable during the updating? So how about your riding with the new VX4?

It’s riding a-ok now.

nah. updating the receiver (wireless) is a pain in the ass. you have to keep power cycling the esc until it catches the remote trying to update. then the receiver will blink red and start updating.

4 Likes

any word from flipsky?

about?

Good, can’t wait to get mine updated.Do you know where can I get the new firmware?

They havent officially released it but here’s everything anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

Obvious disclaimer: Update/use update at your own risk. flipsky hasnt officially released it blah blah blah you get my point

(sorry about the HORRENDOUS music on the video, this is their fault)

VX4_Filsky Serial IAP Software (2).rar (18.1 MB)

5 Likes

is this a common issue, does the new firmware fix the issues, etc

the issue was during the update, but after several tries it worked out.
remote’s been perfect since the update

3 Likes

Lol :+1:Maybe you should tell flipsky about your experience, and then they officially announce it, wouldn’t it be better?

2 Likes