Flipsky VX4 remote

I think they’re using e-boat to mean electric watercraft, ie. esurf/efoil/jetboard

3 Likes

oh i get it, maybe range is more impacted through water?

1 Like

eh, sort of, the thing with watercraft is if you fall off or it gets away from you, you want the ability to reverse the motor to stop the craft so you can swim to it.

some people either don’t use a leash or use a cheap flimsy one

3 Likes

Definitely is but I didn’t see them promoting this as waterproof

Also signals don’t really travel well at all through water, the antenna would be above the surface

2 Likes

an e-boat remote that isn’t waterproof… love it :smiley:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl:

oh so it’s waterproof???
aight lemme do the same test i performed as i did with the maytech

oh it’s not waterproof?! :rofl:

2 Likes

No idk where that came from, it’s not waterproof at all

There’s a waterproof Vx3 and I’m sure that they share the same base firmware

2 Likes

well, if they say it’s for e-foil :man_shrugging:

i’m dunking that shit for science

Maybe Eboat means like a boat you drive and sit in idk, it’s not waterproof lol if you dunk it, it will die

Look at the gap around the thumbwheel lol

assuming the thumbwheel is hall-effect based it doesn’t need any electrical connectivity to the PCB and battery, the internals could still be fully potted

meh, the maytech wus the same way, it’s not technically sealed, but all the electronics are potted and it uses a hall sensor so water doesn’t affdct it

someone please rip that shit open before indo i wanna see

Oh really? I haven’t opened mine. Maybe it is. When mine shows up I’ll open it up and show yall

I actually have a torn apart maytech I can show everyone, hol up lemme get them pics.

1 Like

Ok so this is really torn apart, I harvested the battery from it. As you can see there is a ton of potting that the PCB sat in, there was also a thick layer of potting over the other side, so thick it all came off in one piece.

3 Likes

The more you know, I’ve never opened mine, cool to see the inside

2 Likes

my reciever was acting up on it, the triggers on mine kept getting stuck and I needed the battery for another project. since trying desperately to get a good trigger remote and all of them failing on me I’ve learned to be happy with wheels and bi-directional triggers like the mini remote. I’m pretty much over triggers at this point so I tore it open to harvest the battery because “fuck it wheel is fine”

1 Like

The second a dual trigger comes back up as reliable I’ll switch to it for all

My daily is still MTV2 until it gets a replacement

1 Like

our last hope lies with the OSRR

1 Like

I can’t find that anywhere online, what is it?

That’s just how I abbreviate it, the maytech v2. I love it because it has lights control built in.