Flipsky VX2 Remote

Have you got the motor poles correct?

1 Like

Oh thats probably the problem. Ill try fixing that

1 Like

If the specs say 14 motor poles, would the settings be 7 pole pairs?

I have maytech motors which look to be the same as these:

1 Like

My open Maytech motors are set to 7 pole pairs.

1 Like

Į get this message while trying to set up the remote, problem is, firmware is just update and no matter what I do, I still get this message. What should I do?

Edit, I’m working around it, and it works, but tbh I don’t get the uart… exactly where should I set up my throttle curve? Also how do I turn off the smart reverse?

Throttle curve can be adjusted in the nunchuck app.

As in the page with the remotes I have to choose the nunchuck?

There’s a nunchuck tab, click on that and adjust the curve on that page and write it. It should then adjust the curve on the remote.

1 Like

Disregard the wireless charging pad I added

2 Likes

You have the files for the vx2 pro? Could I have a copy? I’ve been working on replicating the shell for a bit now!

2 Likes

Thanks for the photos. Any chance of a photo of the underside of the pcb. Would like to see if the processor is the same. If it is and I can work out how to dump the flash we may be able to upgrade our standard models

1 Like

here ya go

ok i can confirm the pro and the older model are using the exact same pcb. Its crap flipsky are not providing firmware so we can update our units. I would be happy to purchase a new screen from them.

2 Likes

just confirming your version is the pro version blu penguin

Confirmed. Pro with the “vsec4/unity” firmware flashed with color display.

Is the only difference in screens is one is colored and the other isn’t? I just want my deadband fixed in my vx1. It’s bullshit they even sold it lile that. They should of allowed a free upgrade to people who bought the original vx2.

Yeah treating paying customers like beta testers. I think the dead bands are sorted in later versions of the firmware. Flipsky just won’t give out the firmware. I’m gonna attempt to dump the firmware but no doubt the flash on the microcontroller is read protected.

2 Likes

Good luck with that!

Although to be fair, from a perspective I kind of get why Flipsky doesn’t let just anyone play with the firmware. If someone doesn’t quite know what they’re doing and bugs up the flash and the remote disconnects or glitches, it comes back on flipsky that their stuff sucks, hard to differentiate between bad QC and user error when the end user is allowed to play with hardware level settings.

I just got my VX2 from @Anubis groupbuy. Does anyone have an idea what the VTX2 and VRX2 pins are for? I want to use it with the FSESC 6.6 mini dual but I already have a Metr Pro using one UART port and an Arduino using the other. Maybe you can get values out of those pins or the ppm pin? I’ll try to spectrum analyze it at work if noone knows though :slight_smile: The Arduino controls my lights / brakelights, would be nice if I could keep that, just need the brake values for it :slight_smile:

iirc, there is a third UART on the flipsky escs, but it uses those weird black connectors (JST XT or something)

Maybe splice the arduino in there and use the standard uart port for the vx2

Note: Its actually not a full UART, it has TX, RX and a power source though so you can use it for stuff. I guess thats what UART actually is, TX RX 5V 3V -, but most VESCs have full COMM with ADC for wired in thumb throttle scooters/bikes