Flipsky VX1 strange hesitations.

interesting. I wonder what kind of life to expect from the potentiometers. yours doesn’t seem like that long.

I got over 5000km on the one this post is about before fixing the wires, and it working again.

you made sure the throttle can’t bump and move the wires around? I think a beginning to fail connection combined with moving the wires could give a similar effect.

You could hook a multimeter up directly to the throttle pot and confirm your observations that the resistance doesn’t smoothly change.

1 Like

I’ve solved this by spraying contact cleaner into the potentiometer… Working just fine for the last 4 months.

1 Like

Pic?

Okay, inside the potentiometer:

There’s clearly some deposits there…
Also a ride after resoldering receiver:

Power hesitations still exactly there. I pushed the throttle to a fixed position and it spiked up after every single time
2 Likes

Fixed!
A bath in wd40 spray on the green thing, dry paper (the good shit not the kind that leaves flakes), everything put back together and hesitations are gone.

2 Likes

Wow. crazy fix. nice sleuthing.

1 Like

Told ya :joy: gld you made it work again.

1 Like

not sure why i bookmark this, but i bookmarked this

2 Likes

Ha. You’ll need it some day. Or at least you can refer someone to this thread when the time comes

2 Likes

I just fixed 2 remotes with problems.

they wires hadn’t failed but I repaired them anyway.
they had the dirty pots though:

that dinky little potentiometer kinda scares me now that I looked at it up close.

one of them:
before

after

not really sure this is worth doing. probably worth buying new remotes or pots.

2 Likes

If it helps, trampa wand has more or less the same potentiometer, and the whole setup got me to around £200

2 Likes

I had one break internally… I really want an upgraded part to replace it. That thing could have killed me.

1 Like