Hi, I just posted my 2018/2019 build here.
I have a Flipsky VX1 remote I just installed on a Focbox Unity, to replace the Nano-X after breaking a charging port.
I’m having a pretty serious issue where if I leave the board/remote turned on for a few minutes, the motors randomly spin up as if false signals are being sent from the reciever. Obviously very dangerous if this decides to happen while riding, so Im sidelined until I figure it out.
I would really appreciate the advice from the forum on potential root cause before I end up buying more components, I’m self thought on electronics and not an expert, so get out of depth relatively quickly. I’ve searched here and other forums on this, but I dont want to derail them as they are old or not close enough.
I have some pics and vids to show it better. Again, thanks for those that take the time to help.
Current pic of wiring. I repinned the 7-pin to feed into the Unity’s 3-pin PPM plug for “Signal/5V/Ground”, and have double wiring diagrams and connection. You can see I wired the battery “Voltage” signal to a 2-pin JST output of battery on the Unity.
The video below shows the issue best. It is a screen recording on my phone of the Unity app, plus a little video in the corner that shows me trying to focus on the Unity “Signal” LED or VX1 remote. You will hear the wheels spin up in the sound. I’m not sure if the video attachment works so here’s a Google Drive link to video also.
- 0 seconds - thats me giving the controller a full run of throttle/brake. I dont touch the throttle after this.
- 5 seconds - These signal fluctuations of -45%/-61%/etc are not normal, and just happen to be mostly braking so the wheels dont spin. If things were behaving OK, this fluctuation would hover around +2%/-2%
- 27 seconds - You can hear the first blip of the motors here after a positive jump to around 18%.
- 35-57 seconds - All the time here Im not touching the remote and it is powered on by the board. You can clearly hear the motors spin up here several times plus several long positive signals. Also in the small circle video, it is hard to see, but the Unity’s “Signal” LED is constantly flashing or fully on with these fluctuations.
- 59s-1:03mins - thats me again giving full throttle/brake.
- 1:05-1:22mins - Same issues happening again.
- 1:24min - you can see I turn off the controller here, and it does not seem to have any effect on the continuous erratic fluctuations.
- 1:34min - you can hear a final blip of the motor here again with the remote powered off.
Thanks for reading this far. Apologies for any noob mistakes. Do I need a new controller? Any recommendations for a reliable controller?