Flipsky VESC vs Focbox Unity

Grabby? Not catching the term… I’m actually hoping I’ll manage to make my build feel just like it but with more possible speed.

Edit: I mean throttle wise. Everything else sucks :rofl:

Maybe a better way to describe it is non-linear. If you engage the brakes on a HobbyWing ESC, it feels like someone attached a strong bungee cord to your back that smoothly and gradually slows you down. With the LiYing, it feels more like someone attached you to a parachute that pulls you back more suddenly.

That said, all that matters is that you like it and it works for you.

Edit for your edit: Get the Meepo 30A ESC. More power and much better braking for $70.

That’s what my atrocity DIY belt is for at the front

Edit to your edit to my edit: I was talking about my monster build. No way I’m putting that esc in there🤣

Pros: cheap

Cons: would not trust their QA enough to buy a PC motherboard from them

1 Like

@magharees You wouldnt trust them to go on the internet but you trust them enough to hold your life at 40mph? :wink:

That’s a very oblique way to turn about what I said.

Oh yes obligatory wink for a little patronizing slant :wink:

BRO,
I have had insane issues with both Flipsky’s Mini 6.6 and the Focbox Unity.

I do have some insight though.

Flipsky has an older, Larger Dual 6.6 ESC and a new, Miniaturized Dual 6.6 ESC.

Unless You absolutely have to have the Miniaturized version for some reason, I would stay away from it and try the older, larger Dual 6.6 ESC instead.

Also, please write to Flipsky before You ever connect the power and ask them for instructions on exactly how to load the firmware and exactly how to go through the programming.
The Flipsky’s, like most other ESC’s do not come with instructions.

Also, for selecting your parameters, Read all of the Authentic VESC Info contained at this Web Address before You ever connect power to the Flipsky ESC.

vesc-projectdotcom/node/178 (Don’t forget the usual h’s t’s and p’s when you enter the web address to the left of this sentence, also replace the word dot with a period. )

Finally, if You think there is any chance you have a bad temperature sensor on either one of your Motors, Clip that wire before you ever try to program the Flipsky.

You want to be ultra prepared to go through the Firmware Update and then the Setting of the Parameters. Place your settings 15% lower than you think you should.

The goal here is to make 1 pass only through the process of firmware update and parameter setting, motor and sensor detection exactly. 1 perfect swoop through like Ninja.

If you are not sure what to do, STOP! Do not guess which button to push next. Just leave everything as is and search the internet or the VESC Files to ensure you are going to push the correct button.

Good Luck to You. Remeber, go for the Larger Format Dual 6.6 ESC from Flipsky, not the new, smaller format ESC.

Just avoid flipshit all together. They are garbage. Ive had (3) 6.6 simplify that are garbage, and one of the newer 6.6 dual mini. I had to send the 6.6 dual mini back and am still waiting for it to be repaired

2 Likes