Flipsky VESC vs Focbox Unity

If money is not a problem, buy Trampa VESC. The best there is.

If you can navigate the site that far…it’s not for the faint of heart

11 Likes

Brent I often read threads and prepare mental replies, just to find you retorting just slightly more eloquently than I could.

You get the cunning linguist award.

#drinkingandderailingthreads

5 Likes

Just gotta chime in with the less popular but (personally) more reliable escs from maytech. Ive had multiple focboxes poop out but my maytechs are running strong. The 100amp esc with aluminum case runs foc flawlessly on my single drive 12s build. I havent been able to run foc on the 50amp escs, neither single or dual configurations, but they operate wonderfully in bldc. They also just came out with a new 6.6 hw esc that has a case as well

1 Like

Hmm, I’ve always liked Maytech. Their motors seem top notch so will look into them a bit more too actually. Cheers.

3 Likes

There is a new 6.8 they just released that’s super small

1 Like

5 Likes

looked them up after reading your comment and it seems they have a sale on dual esc’s!
Can someone confirm they are VESC based? :o

They have both VESC based and non-VESC. The one you linked is not.

Here is their VESC dual

1 Like

What is the difference? Is it just software?

2 Likes

Locked vs unlocked. You can’t change settings on an ESC.

Good to know. But how would you tell before buying?

Price.You won’t see dual VESCs at $75.

1 Like

Oh…but…that goes against my title…
A great man once said (many many times):
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

I’m in the vast minority here, but I still like ESCs for certain applications. My Meepo 30A works great in my DD board.

1 Like

I was told at one point that this https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FQH4HFK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JCpmDbDBCVX5G
Was a meepo rebranded esc. If so, I’m still rocking it on my koowheel

Yup. That’s the LiYing ESC all right. It has its downsides, but it’s definitely reliable.

1 Like

Wait what downsides? I use it almost everyday since I have nothing else. Am I gonna die?

1 Like

No, no. Totally reliable for me but the brakes are pretty bad compared to the Hobbywing or Meepo V3. It’s nothing you can’t get used to obviously, but that grabby feeling isn’t my favourite thing.