flipsky sw1 spot welder

Damn… I kind of want to Diy an off-line professional grade flyback or capacitive discharge spot welder now.

Ahhh, too many distractions. Gotta focus on other things

Just wondering, do you guys know how much energy these spot welders put out per pulse?

1 Like

1400 amps 8.1 volts

Mine has 12 supercaps

That’s what I need to weld .2

2 Likes

Rating on those caps?

Pulse duration?

What the what?

2 Likes

Maybe the k-weld is better with a very large heatsink, the electrodes are nicer but the sequre sq-sw1 which is the source for these is the chinese’s new “somehow made a big leap” thing on par with the TS-100 and 18650 electric screwdrivers that they’re come out with. I’m not sure what made them stop making clunky plastic crap and switch over to this but it seems like all the niche hobby equipment is seeing a newer version, for some reason always with “oled screen” and “mini” in the title. Out of the box, for $190 on banggood, its a better purchase than a kit which can’t really weld .3 until you use active cooling

This does assume the thing doesn’t break next week, but im betting they’ve been using it in china for months. I know internally flipsky have been using it

2 Likes

Yep def
Lots of Chinese products are really good

Flipsky new motors (battle hardened) are also really nice especially for the price they are being served at

Really excited to get mine

Also where did you buy in bangood for 190?
On aliexpress cheapest is 220

1 Like

Flipsky hooked me up with mine at supply price tho. Its an unbeatable deal if you buy 10 :joy:

Maybe I could run a GB? lol

3 Likes

Maybe
Had to do that after I buy mine :angry:

I think def the Chinese market for this sort of stuff is getting way better
Especially since they used to have the sunkko rubbish which just blew up in your face

The only big advantage (if the flipsky is as good as people are saying) of kweld or malectrics is the real warranty on it

Also straight from there you don’t get as much stuff as flipsky give you

Flipsky give some spare tips and both welding systems and a couple other random pieces of junk

Factory website have a bunch of spares also https://sequremall.com/collections/spot-welder

also free shipping to many countries from there for the welder

2 Likes

True, im sure there will soon be a ~190 bundle which includes tips, only the wand and no extras which would be what most people need/want (Sample nickle and spacers are nice but not nessesary :slight_smile: ) in time. The price will creep down a bit as more aliexpress chads start selling it

1 Like

yeah def

hopefully then in a group buy it could go as low as 150

1 Like

I use 2 sets of kcaps
1 ksupply
And one hp 60 amp psu

BCAP0310-P270-T10 caps

6 isn’t enough. 9 maybe. 12 perfect

You need a cv psu, 12 of these and you can make an amazing welder

20ms I think for duration

Please make it Bluetooth or oled screen

1 Like

if you leave the welder in your basket on the sequere website and put in your email but dont pay after a day or two they will contact you and if you say i want a discount they offer 5% off and a pair of extra tips

6 Likes

have been using my flipsky welder for the past couple of days and really good
getting really consistent good welds and everything worked awesome

the pen was really nice and let me have good consistency with my welds
the single pack i did used a full set of electrodes but they come with 2 sets spare so thats quite useful

eitherway never had either a kweld or malectrics to compare to but seems really good

tldr: very good welder but got nothing to compare to so dunno if better then others

6 Likes

I want to see a video showing how the tips get worn out so quickly!

Would you consider switching to the electrodes used in the Kweld kit? they seem to last an extremely long time with care taken to refresh them.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind and will look about ordering

My electrodes aren’t completely worn but they are very black and been worn down quite a bit

They are only 3mm diameter while kweld are 5mm I believe

2 Likes

They also use a special copper alloy that resists wear from welds I heard.

Best choice in material possible I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

Yep

Will order some and test them on some spare cells

2 Likes

I see there is another review video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcL_XNn05hk&t=8s

3 Likes

Why are they blackened? Sounds like not enough pressure haha

1 Like