flipsky sw1 spot welder

saw @Lee_Wright video but was wondering in the long term how this was?

did it get hot after a lot of welds

did anyone have issues with it out the box (like flipsky stuff)

any other issues people should know

thanks a lot and thought it might be worth discussing here like the malectrics and kweld threads

3 Likes

Good question but oh God

3 Likes

But 250 bucks - it’s a kWeld price here in Europe
The only thing he actually told - the electrodes are awesome. Can’t you just use them with Malectrics? (buy separately)

4 Likes

kweld is out of stock till end of the month and would be interesting still to consider it cause it has the pen which seems awesome

thanks for trusting in me

2 Likes

Have you considered Malectrics instead? They are less expensive than either the kweld or the flipsky, and a couple reputable battery builders use them.

2 Likes

they are 2 issues i see are first they dont offer the welding pen which is just a nice add on feature

second they dont ship to uk atm because of brexit

1 Like

Ah, that sucks. Personally I’d still wait for the kWeld in that case – if you decide to sell it later you’ll probably recover more money. If you do decide to go for the Flipsky though, let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep did do
was recommended by a forum member and decided to try

ordered on thursday and they just shipped with fedex today

estimated delivery date is wednesday

1 Like

Ordered 75 Samsung 30t and bunch of nickel
Fishpaper and kapton

Also gonna get an llt bms will tell you how it goes with the welder

12s6p with 3 spare?

1 Like

Anytime :joy:

My Kweld has treated me great so far but I wish I had two batteries in parallel, they heat up pretty fast

2 Likes

15s5p he’s going for UK speed record.

3 Likes

Oh my word.
I was gonna say I have a couple of 30Ts rolling about in my drawer that I’m not going to use if you blew up a few…

3 Likes

I think me may be trolling… Who knows :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You know you could buy the pen separately and use it with any welder.

5 Likes

Nope 12s6p couple spare in case boom boom or I screw them up

10meteres of 0.15 x 15mm nickel and 10meteres of 20 x 25mm

I saw that but still malectircs won’t ship to U.K. and weld are out of stock for quite a bit

Plus lee thought this was good so was interested in trying

1 Like

@Lee_Wright could we get an update on the flipsky welder? I want to get one for the pen, is the pen holding up ok?

3 Likes

I’ve bought one of the pens like above and it’s a bit shonky. Not unusable. The probes are pretty much worn out now after a few batteries though.
I think the flipsky might be a little better.

3 Likes

I also got one of these for a nice discount from flipsky. I have a kweld but this is signifigantly better. After making a 12S3P for my scooter, it didn’t even get close to hot. The wires on my graphene lipo got warm but not too hot to hold. welded really nicely on .2 pure nickle.

We’ll see how reliable it is in future, but I wouldn’t be complaining at all. Its a step up from kweld and justifies its price tag so far.

4 Likes

Wow ok that’s awesome

I got 2 graphenes to put in parallel 6ah and 75c
Should that be fine?

2 Likes