Flipsky Price Increases

This made me lol so hard

11 Likes

this is me but all of my income is disposable because live with parents

5 Likes

not just a bit for me :joy: damn those impulse buy and next day regret but didn’t cancel the order

5 Likes

I’m building almost solely for commuting to save on car insurance and other car costs. I’m saving money on my build wherever reasonable like building my own battery. Though I’m also spending more where the additional functionality is valuable and it will be my forever board. My budget board did not have enough range for my new commute. If I wasn’t able to sell it, I couldn’t afford my new build. I’m much overspent on my current build but I see it as an investment in high quality that will pay off in the long-term

3 Likes

In terms of upstream materials, Shin-Etsu Chemical, the world’s largest silicon wafer manufacturer, announced in early March that the price of silicon wafers will increase by 10%-20% from April 1st due to the increase in the cost of raw material silicon…
And it will continue for a while :weary:
Therefore, the price of the chip has risen sharply, and the price of VESC can only follow

2 Likes

Relevant: Steel prices have tripled. Now Bank of America is sounding the alarm - CNN

It’s a little complicated. Basically demand disappeared so production went with it. Then demand returned at a higher rate than expected (or planned for). Market speculation on producers’ stocks also plays a role. It won’t last forever since this is also causing an increase in investment into capacity. At some point things will reverse and raw material costs will come down, but it won’t be on everything at once and it will take different amounts of time for different materials.

4 Likes

What are you trying to say?

5 Likes

It seems that the price drops a bit now

You are an aliexpress vendor that resells flipsky products correct?

2 Likes

reseller of @flipsky, @HGLRC-HGLTECH and @sequre :joy:

1 Like

The chip price went stupidly high that’s why, a drv8301 in china was like 1.5USD from TI, now it is sold at 45$, the ad8418 was like 1.5$ each as well, but shoot up to 7$/pcs, Trampa vesc will be sold out soon and price will rise as well, they have a hefty stock but trust me they will run out soon, the stm32f405rgt6 is around 3$ before, and now it is 10$,and the price is for a chip removed from savage board, the tja1051tk3 was 0.5$, now it is 10$, I planned to do a High voltage esc project but ended up scraped it, cuz nobody in china has the chip, even things as cheap as 3v3 regulator, the price has been up twice, i suggest that you guys get the ESC you want recently, otherwise it will be gone soon, and the resupply will take forever, at least 50+ weeks. anything with silicon, buy them now, they be gone for a while.

3 Likes

Would not agree with you on this man, if you want to esk8 on the budget you buy a meepo for 500$
If you go diy, you buy an esc and 2 motors for 500$

Most of the builds here are 1.5k and up, this community has the $$, or at least like me spend all their money on esk8 and then eat rice and eggs for a month haha

4 Likes

Time for someone stock up on vescs :smiley:

@glyphiks arent you the guy that bought like 100 dalys and a million vescs?

3 Likes

yes, you are right. Thanks for your attention on Earktech. Here is the link of flipsky products on aliexpress,FLIPSKY - Shop Cheap FLIPSKY from China FLIPSKY Suppliers at E-ARK Tech Store on Aliexpress.com

Count us in from now on, E-ARK Tech. You do know really well about flipsky.

Ayy boy am I glad I just bought three uboxes

2 Likes

Just got a ant innovation dual v6, it was even cheaper than flipshit lol. Haven’t seen any reviews on them so I’ll try it out and report back.

2 Likes

Please don’t start another hysteria about limited stocks.
As you know, prices rise with demand. If everyone clears the shelves now chips will rise to even more unreasonable prices.
…then when prices drop to normal you see a million vescs on sale for above market prices because why not

2 Likes

Prices always rise with short supply too, and that’s out of everyone’s control.

And when supply rises prices lower. Nobody here can influence market forces.

Chips are being sold for silly markups, it’s gonna happen guys. @x-bms is bang on I reckon.

2 Likes