Flipsky is a bad actor, you probably shouldn't be giving them your money.

I agree.

4 Likes

Dollars (lower prices) are unfortunately an incredibly effective way to get folks to ignore a large number of things.

1 Like

If I’m on my OSRR I do get interference from VX4 remotes about 50% of the time

I have only suffered ONE failure due to flipsky, and that was not really directly their fault either. Many items function exactly as intended, but I admit, I haven’t stressed components. I understand all of the throw away implications of something not being economical to send back. Nevertheless, the vast preponderance of flipsky components were if not top notch, certainly passible.

I’m interested to try the new firmware on a vx4 next to an osrr.

Aa much as i agree, its usually also a necessity for people to ignore it. Especially with the younger people in this hobby.

What kind of shit protocol are these remotes using? Losing connection is one thing (there can always be some freak interference) but going full throttle should NOT be possible if a non n00b computer engineer has even touched it slightly.

To be fair, full rhrottle incidents arent limited to Flupsky.

1 Like

My OSRR would just drop for like 0.5s then come right back no drama. Never had more than a esk8 fender bender bc of it. No full throttle or brake events ever.

“Hi, Maytech here! Are you tired of your remote losing signal? Let us fix that for you! We will send the last seen command until signal is reconnected, regardless of your surroundings! Downtown? Full throttle! Intersection? Full throttle! Halloween night in front of a ton of people? Fuuuuuulllllllll throttle!!!”

3 Likes

“Hi, Maytech here! You are having cutouts even though your receiver is unobstructed and close to the remote? Here, buy a longer Antenna:"

If @jack.luis can update my VX4 firmware on his PC, we could test my VX4 with his OSRR

2 Likes

Maytech HQ: Lets Fuckiiiin Goooooo!

You mean this noise @jack.luis ? (volume warning)

2 Likes

Flipsky FSESC 6.6 DUAL since 2019 : ZERO issue (NO LIMIT firmware) :

Flipsky FSESC 6.6 DUAL since 2018 : ZERO issue :

2x Flipsky FSESC 6.6 DUAL (AWD) since 2019 : ZERO issue :

2x Flipsky Mini FSESC 6.7 Pro since 2021 : ZERO issue :

Flipsky FSESC 6.6 Dual Mini since 2021 : ZERO issue :

Flipsky FSESC 6.6 Dual Mini since 2021: ZERO issue :

2x Flipsky Mini FSESC 6.7 Pro since 2023 : ZERO issue :

Flipsky FSESC 6.6 Dual Mini since 2023 : 1 issue : a capacitor blasted at third use (easily replaced)

I wasted my money with Flipsky!? Oh shit I didn’t know. :hugs:

Simple rules :

• DON’T buy any ESC based on VESC4
  • DON’T buy any ESC with integrated antispark
  • DON’T buy any remote other than GT2B
  • DON’T try to find morality everywhere, or get used to disappointments :metal:
3 Likes

This is a pretty shitty outlook. Compromising on ethics is extremely problematic

1 Like

You’re right!
KEEP trying to find morality everywhere, BUT get used to disappointments :innocent:

2 Likes

But motors dont count, right?

So you’re giving them a pass because it’s convenient?

I’ve proven I did’t waste my money buying Flipsky proper ESCs.

Ethical concerns? Let’s enlarge the focus :