Flipsky...GRRRRR

Just got my two VESC 6.6 duals back from Flipsky. Let me back up, When I originally got my two VESC’s from Flipsky one of the VESC’s was DOA. Don’t even get me started on their return BS. the other VESC broke within 30 days. I had to pay for shipping, I had to pay for the repairs, even though one of the VESC arrived broken. Had to wait two months for it to arrive there, and then just now when I plugged the first one in to test it one of the USB ports didn’t work. So I plug into the other USB, fortunately it works. First thing I do is upgrade the firmware because it has been so long and after the VESC’s reset from upgrade now the goddamn motherfucker doesn’t work. Both USB ports will not connect. The computer makes that sound it does when you plug something in but when I hit connect icon it gives me that red “invalid port” flag and then returns to “not connected”. I can not connect to the VESC to program the motors, at all.

I mean, correct me if I’m wrong but I see no way to connect to the VESC now.

This is such fucking bullshit. Fuck FlipsShit.

I don’t want to check the second VESC until I’ve calmed down. If I plug it in right now and it’s fucked too I’m going to come unglued and start breaking shit.

4 Likes

Yikes, sorry to hear man :frowning: did you get the dual + by chance? My 6.6 dual (non plus) is working great a month plus out

2 Likes

No, mine is the regular. That’s another thing Flipsky screwed me on. I was communicating with someone before I made the purchase and TOLD them I was making a 4WD board and I needed two dual VESC’s. The person pointed me to the regular which does not support 4WD. I never even made to to hooking up to 4WD since one of them came DOA, both times AGAIN. Looks like I’m in the same fucking boat.

I made the dumb ass mistake of buying a VESC mini from them while I waited for the repairs to be done. That one lasted longest at around 6 months -ish. Hope you have better luck with yours than I did. I’ll never buy or suggest anyone ever take chance with their shit products again.

There is a post on the old board where a tenured professor at a major university said one of his grad students brought in one of their VESC’s to inspect it and find out why it doesn’t work. To paraphrase: They are unfriendly when talking about their specs (they are WAY over blown) and when confronted about their return policy they basically gave the finger and said “we’re in China we can do what we want”. He went on to say they use shitty copper in their windings and shitty magnets in their motors (he was more polite than I am being) and their VESC’s are made with shit components with the exception of the MOSFET, which apparently come from America.

4 Likes

You paid for a shit-tier ESC, you got a shit-tier ESC.
What’s the problem?

16 Likes

I am having the same issue as you, which is why I filed a claim against them via paypal.

They are an absolute trash company.

4 Likes

Bummer. I hope you are able to use them. I had a pair of FSESC 4.12s die within two weeks at conservative settings. Amazon sent out replacements in under 48 hours and those have been going strong for at least 1,000 miles. FWIW I found that the USB cables FS sends with their speed controllers can cause connection issues. If you have a reliable and tested cable it is worth a try.

=/ harsh buds

2 Likes

I have a weird theory that FS sends the “best” ESC’s to amazon since they know amazon will replace them everytime. But I should probably take my tinfoil hat off…

7 Likes

Stlink. Best chance at fixing it without the usb

5 Likes

:ez rolling the FlipShit lottery:

3 Likes

#fuckshitcunts

6 Likes

Yeh, I can’t argue with that logic. Although in my own defense I was new to the DIY scene at the time and though I did my research I apparently didn’t do enough.

1 Like

Good idea. I didn’t think about that at first. ST doesn’t use the USB port. Thanks

GOOD THEORY, DOOD! :+1:

2 Likes

I use five FSESC 6.6 DUAL on four builds. 2WD, 4WD, 6374 and even 80100 with no limit firmware. All of them work good. Il doesn’t even exceed 50° in summer. You weren’t lucky.

Interesting theory… I wouldn’t put that past them, I ordered mine from Amazon but haven’t had more than 150 ish miles on it so far

1 Like

What is no limit firmware

Flipsky sent me a dud last time. Have a new one coming in, but would like to do anything I can to mitigate any issues

I’ve been running 2 Dual 6.6 non plus in two different build for about a year now. Jusy make sure to run the antispark switch. Those spark can get nasty if your running with out it. Which will cause shorts.

Or just have a xt90s loopkey? Failproof compared to antispark

1 Like