Flipsky gear drive - Street setup

Heavens no XD

1 Like

This is the design they ripped from the local guy? @glyphiks?

2 Likes

With this we will see gear drives on DKP Chinese budget boards within 6 months. Just watch.

2 Likes

It looks extremely similar to Ethan’s evolve drive

5 Likes

Its going to be a open source geardrive, capable of housing 63 aswell as 50mm motors.

Hotswapping of wheels and switching between urethane and pneumatics.

Its going to be a bit bigger than this one, but can house the same 66-15 reduction as the evolve offroad.

Sneak peak of @Creavenger’s beautiful work.

If you looked at the thread where i offered my services you can even see an exploded view of it :wink:

16 Likes

How will you deal with the gear ratio ? it’s either going to be off for pneumatics or for urethane

1 Like

Nope, i managed to make it so it supports both with just a few part switches, it took a looooong time. (Remember that evolve uses 150kv motors though).

It is in fact why the geardrive is not here yet, this and the fact that it has to fit 63xx motors took a long time of thinking and trying out.

3 Likes

Yes, the clones use the same mounting pattern as the evolves.

3 Likes

I like actually prefer plastic–wont stop me dead in my tracks if it breaks and way easier to replace

2 Likes

Why is it easier to replace? You mean cheaper?

2 Likes

So it doesnt rust? Seems like a good choice since its steel on plastic

2 Likes

Where did you get this info?

T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶f̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶u̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶a̶r̶s̶.̶

Nevermind, saw the text

1 Like

Still a work in progress, have to optimise the toolpaths too. We are working hard to finish the first prototypes for testing :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Do you have a link to the thread?

You could 3d print it prolly in a pinch. Also faster yup yup

1 Like

That sounds really clever then. Idea’s Evolve GD apparently requires you to cut the hanger mounting plates to fit 63mm motors. When are you going to fire up a thread to walk us through the design?

Got a link?

That machining is looking slick btw, @Creavenger. You two make a fine team!

Tester #1 reporting for duty! :smiley:

6 Likes

Hey you have to test those printed ones first, once you break em you can try the fancy ones! :rofl:

No thread yet, we will make one once we have results.

5 Likes

It’s nice to have a DKP option for gear-drives. I wish they would make them for the 15" hangers. Those are sized for pneumies.

1 Like

Plastic gears actually help a lot with this, I haven’t used an esk8 with them specifically but in all other machines they make it significantly quieter. I don’t have or particularly want a gear drive but I’d prefer one with a plastic wheel gear (it does less work per tooth than the motor gear) for the noise and cheap replacements. I don’t mind consumables when compared to a dead system that fails by destroying other components around it

@IDEA beat them to the punch over a year ago.
And all the Evolve and Racerstar motors are a different bolt pattern than the Flipsky motors.

8 Likes