Flipsky gear drive - Street setup

Just seen that Flipsky is selling a new gear drive setup for streets on DKP trucks. Specs look to be a bit underwhelming, and possibly pricey for what it is… What are your thoughts?

7 Likes

Are the gears plastic?

It looks like the wheel gear is definitely plastic.

Interestingly, the motor gear is 303 stainless steel though; interesting they chose stainless over regular steel. I wonder why.

4 Likes

Is that sarcasm? I am curious.

This is what I got from them…

5 Likes

Not sarcasm.

3 Likes

And for 5065 motor size (

1 Like

I am curious about how much noise this set up would generate. 5065 can get pretty loud. My understanding is gear drives can be noisy too.

Very interesting to see a chinese company coming out with a real gear drive, wouldn’t this be the first one?

I wonder if they will send me one to review :thinking: just because I’m curious lol

10 Likes

They are helical drives, so probably less noisy than straight cut…

4 Likes

$470 total

trucks$55
motor$118
wheels$139

how do it look.

For $79 I hope their replacement gears are like $9.99

6 Likes

Does it fit evolve trucks?

I could measure…

2 Likes

Those dimensions sure look like Evolve hanger dimensions. I’m too lazy to measure one right now though.

2 Likes

another dimensioned pic of the FS DKP… but this looks like an older clone that they were selling…

2 Likes

Evolve bois are gonna go crazy when they find these

5 Likes

These are 100% facts

2 Likes

POM gears and only $11 less than BN. Sounds like Evolve riders…

4 Likes

They are, I don’t know if they will list them separately just yet but I can’t wait to spam it anywhere that the evolve folks might be looking.

4 Likes

Me and @Creavenger have something in the works that will blow you guys tits off too :rofl:

9 Likes

It better be Bevel gear drives!

6 Likes

Boardnamics evolve gear drive when? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes