Flipsky gear drive - Street setup

If you don’t count planetary gears I think so (stary and ecomobl)

3 Likes

I asked if they will sell the gear drive kit separately and apparently they are planning to sell only the kit:

3 Likes

Exactly what I told Flipsky. Hope they heed my advice.

1 Like

troublesome to assemble,no its really not thats just them wanting to get the most from ppl buying the drivetrain as a whole which it isnt to bad but:

A. not everyone likes cloud wheels so having the drivetrai nonly supporting those wheels wont yeld many customers by comparison to boardnamics gear drive and all the options u have as well as cheaper price.

B. the truck hangers are so generic and unimpressive so the ride feel will be a bland,stiff and boring as riding majority of prebuilts out on the market.

C. Using plastic wheel teeth on metal will have those pullies teeth get shredded incredibly fast so they definitely should have made it both stainless steel pullies for motor and wheel and not just wheel.

D. hobbywing like 5065 motors are weak they couldve placed their much better 6354 2000w motors on instead since most high end boards especially typically run their motors on 2000w per motor which is more then enough power for ur average rider. Dual 1200w with 160kv just seems a bit to lackluster imo.

Flips gear drives arent to bad but definitely needs way more improvements for ppl to even consider riding these especially long term and with out crazy good boardnamics gear drives are, the amount of truck and wheel type support and the price my god the price, flips drive is gonna be a really tough sell for the semi informed Esk8ers and ppl who dont really do due diligence will most likely end up ordering this drivetrain.

3 Likes

Are there any other commercially available gear drives that folks would recommend? I was craving Falcon Gear Drive but I don’t know if it would work on a DIY project.

1 Like

Are you looking for gear for a DKP trucks?

1 Like

Yes, I’m on DKP

1 Like

falcon gear drive only works for lacroxis hyper trucks to my knowledge so if ur trying to use gear drive on dkp u could just take the middle bracket that makes a rkp a dkp and place it on boardnamic gear drives and have it setup like that some sure some ppl has a setup like that.

1 Like

Yep, I feel they missed the mark somewhat. Valiant effort though, and hopefully a good sign of things to come.

ehh tbh theres so many more better gear drives imo then lacrioxs late entry that perform better,have lower gear ratio and trucks support options and not nearly as expensive.

best option it boardnamics or some moon drives

1 Like

Don’t tell them. Let them keep thinking adding 6374 without a new ESC is the best thing ever.

7 Likes

haha as well as a new actually good battery pack lol

No battery is fine . Just add lingyi esc best esc ever. 200amps maybe more

1 Like

lol XD

Soon Hopefully lol :wink::+1:

There’s plenty of people out there who would jump at DKP gear drive if you made them.

2 Likes

I hope they’re running front wheel drive :rofl:

just personally not a fan of DKP in the rear

3 Likes

Hopefully soon!! I’m down to be a tester whenever you have something :stuck_out_tongue:

Something is brewing :love_you_gesture:

The whole geardrive will also be sold in an easy to install set.

6 Likes

In the name of science (and fun) I got the last gear drive in stock. I was able to convince them to remove the wheels as I don’t need them. Still had to get the 12" nonsense trucks as the drive mounts seem to be different from the stock 12".

Once it arrives I will share a closer look into it! I’m personally curious about tolerances :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes