Flipsky FSESC 6.6 Dual Plus Pro and Trampa Wand Compatibility

Hey everyone,

I am starting a diy build and chose the Flipsky FESC6.6 Dual Plus Pro with the Trampa Wand but I am unsure if they can be compatible.

On the trampa NRF dongle instruction, it shows both swd and comm port but I don’t see the swd port on the flipsky.

Does anyone know if they can be used together?

Edit: Changed title for clarification to Flipsky FSESC6.6 Dual Plus Pro

Theoretically they will work together if the ESC uses VESC firmware.

There is a SWD pin out without a JST header I could not see it on this model you’ve pictured

The other FESC 6.6, you can solder directly or add a Jst (1) in this pic

Edit: actually not sure with this SMD capacitor version, the bigger model with the radial caps is what I pictured above

1 Like

Isn’t that a different model Ben? I agree that version definitely has the pin out for SWD

Doh, I’m a dufus.

1 Like

I looked at another video on his channel and he connected only the comm port and it worked.

1 Like

You need the SWD only for updating the nrf modul

1 Like

Old topic, still curious. @Trampa Is there a way to update firmware on the wand and the NRF without an available Port? The SMD CAP version of VESC 6.6 does not appear to have either an actual Port nor a pinout. A separate breakout board perhaps?

1 Like

You need a VESC or VESC based ESC with SWD Port or pinout. If your ESC has no SWD port it is doomed anyway. One single FW update that goes wrong and your ESC is not usable any longer. As far as I know all VESC based ESC have a SWD pad or pinout somewhere. Its just a pain to solder cables and connectors…

Just get the USB update pushed through please.

@Soflo-Agree! Looking just a bit closer at pics of the the SMD CAP version of the flipsky vesc 6.6 dual pro plus shows that there are indeed a set of 2 SWD pads, not pins or a connector.