Flipsky ESC's - Community Poll July 19

That does make the board softer, but for me it’s a really dangerous setting since if you need to go from full throttle to full brake it will take 0.9s

Also, if you are just cruising at full throttle with the motor using a low current, even if you brake it will take a while for the change in input to actually change the board speed

This gets even worse if you rapidly go from full throttle to brake and throttle again, the control becomes unpredictable since you remote position is quite different than what the controller is actually doing

The best way I’ve found is to set this value low, like 0.1s and train yourself to actually be smooth with how you apply the throttle

2 Likes

36 hours of no response and google answers.

2 Likes

Old board(stolen) duel fsesc 6.6 - no issues on 12s5p
Girlfriends board - duel fsesc 4.20 *- no issues on 10s5p
Current board - duel fsesc 6.6 plus - no issues on 12s5p

So far my experience with flipsky has been very positive. I am using many of their products such as 6355 motors, 6374 motors, nano remote, vx1 remote and just ordered the vx2 remote and it will be here on monday. No issues so far !

Edit: thats the new fsesc 4.20 duel plus*

1 Like

The fluctuations in the voltage readings seems to be a inherent issue with all flipsky vescs. I have used 3 different versions and they all show up with fluctuations and work fine.

The 4.12 did not have that issue but they are almost 1:1 copies of Vedders design. I had 3 of 4 focboxes do the same so its not a Flipsky thing but seems to occur all over the industry. So far the 6.6 dual mini works flawless despite the fluctuation so its ok.

1 Like

Ok I guess I haven’t heard anyone speak on that issue that wasn’t a flipsky fsesc.

Today I did a successful firmware update from VESC Tool, so I seem to have a fully working unit without the bootloader issue :star_struck: The FSESC dual mini 6.6 is still running strong btw :wink:

Is it still holding up well @visnu777?

Yes, seems like they are solid if they don’t blow up right away :slight_smile: