Flipsky 75100 FOC 75V 100A Single ESC Based on VESC® for Electric Skateboard

its peak not continious, 1-2 second its not enough melt a xt90

1 Like

yeah meassure that vdrop and come back to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

, been in ebike modification for 15 years …,i think we gonna stop this endless conversation lol

Totally serious question, why is this voltage drop an issue? Is it bad for the esc?

Just means you have alot of losses at a bottleneck. Generating uneacesary heat and potentially causing trouble. When you design high current paths in power electronics, say a charger cables for a EV f.e you calculate what line loses you aim for in a system for a certain current, that in turn will give your required conductor width for your system to keep the vdrop att a desired level. Its basically that you want to control your losses and maintain high voltage. For a system with many hundreds of amps maybe 1% total system vdrop is your goal. Things are pretty easy to calculate from there.

In the case of the xt90, which is rated to carry 90A(DC). I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some test data that pin points around 60A (DC)as a good all-day-contineuous current for it.

6 Likes

Taken from the other forum @Snikerdoodlz

Apart from Silicone, this is another option:

7 Likes

amazing we can convince ourselves to trust our lives on that.

5 Likes

I have the older version white pcb and the newer one with blue pcb.

Can i run these two together for a dual hub setup? Ill be using the latest firmware for both.

chance you would “upload new fw to all vesc on CAN bus”

that would be bad

I assume you mean scooter size hubs also

1 Like

whats wrong with the 75100
it blinks red and says sensor detection failed when i run the foc wizard.

i did turn off phase filtering and downloaded the no-limits firmware that came with it.

I dropped a spot of solder on it and while I did a good job of removing it…not good

I had this same issue. I had to reflash it over sdio. I have 3 of these. Only one had the issue after flashing. Flash it again and it should be fine.

1 Like

“Flash” meaning boot load again?

Yes use your swd programmer to upload the firmware and not the usb port. Its what fixed mine. I dont know what caused it to stop working after a usb flash. Frustrated me for a while. I used my swd programmer and reuploaded the firmware. Problem was resolved. I was able to setup the controller and use it.

1 Like

What’s this?

You can use another vesc for this.

3 Likes

how can you find the possible fault code? its different with the newer vesc tool. im going to real time data but not seeing “activate sampling”

1 Like

It’s in the right sidebar labeled as “RTS” “RT” with a little graph behind it

1 Like

i go to “terminal” and “print fault codes” and it says no fault, but when i do the foc test it fails and says “detection failed. reason: sensor detection failed”

i dont see “rts” anywhere and maybe thats a different vesc tool. i dont know

vesc is blinking red from as soon as i plug it in and doesnt stop and no motor spinning

1 Like

oh, my mistake, it’s just labeled “RT” not rts. it’s a button on the right sidebar with a little graph behind the “RT”

1 Like

I got two of my three aluminum 75100s going, thanks @jaykup, and uploaded ur firmware, but this one I dropped a small spot of solder on it between the black bit with six silver legs and the small brown-with-silver-two-sides bit, and they’re connected now. What to do? Thinking I could heat some multi strand and get it in there to hopefully wick it away?

It shows an under voltage fault but it’s not under voltage and that was my issue with the other two as well but solved it by adjusting as needed in the advanced tab. It flickers some other fault at the bottom right of the screen in red sometimes, overlayed on the low voltage fault but I haven’t been able to catch it to read it yet

1 Like