Flipsky 75100 FOC 75V 100A Single ESC Based on VESC® for Electric Skateboard

Let me rephrase it. I don’t think it can deliver continuously 100A, but didn’t test it yet. Maybe it will surprise us.

Thanks for your guys’ interest on this product, here are some feedback from the customers after purchased this vesc. Hope this helps.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Best VESC money can buy?

IT’S NOT A VESC!

2 Likes

After slightly too long worth of failed attempts, I’ve got a passable set of retainers for the capacitors printed. They’re being clamped while the silicone cures, but I only just realised it’s got a claimed 7 day cure time soooo

4 Likes

I second this

Otherwise that thing will be eaten alive by vibrations. I’d also add a LOT of glass microspheres to the epoxy to bulk it up and lighten it.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t really take it seriously until I was 5 hours in to messing with crappy CAD models. Trying to work out if there’s anything that wouldn’t like that thermally, given the FETs are attached to a heatsink already

1 Like

You could also stick some pieces of foam in there too to take up some space. You don’t need the entire volume taken up by potting.

Back to the firmware can of worms.
I have personally experienced several firmware corruptions on both fsesc 4.2 and 6.6. Happened mostly when I tinker with the batt/amp settings after several months of normal use.
So how are we gonna flash the shitware when it gets constipated?

1 Like

Thanks for your reminding, the diagram is updated now.7_2179ea3d-2b8a-48de-8e04-261caff70566_1024x1024

so may we know what should be named for it?

the light module? that’s not a flipsky vesc?

a light module

Yes, the title is for a flipsky vesc. And light module is made by Maxkgo brand.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is a flipsky vesc? who’s Maxgo?

A new company to make Esk8 LED Strip Controller and BMS stuffs, etc

I picked one of these up to play with on a cheap hub ebike. I want to try out field weakening on FW 5.3 and a rear bike hub seems like a safer way to test than a skateboard.

I tried to update the firmware to 100_250 in the VESC 3.00 tool. It went through the motions but when it rebooted, it was still on their 75_100 version.

When I opened it up, I noticed an empty 4 pin JST-PH SWD port, so I plugged a ST-Link into it and was able to backup their firmware and load the 5.2 100_250 onto it. It booted up and connected in the VESC tool showing 100_250, but I haven’t run a motor with it because I didn’t want to cook something.

Flipsky really needs to submit their hardware configuration to Vedder’s github so this thing can be updated. Aren’t they supposed to do that to comply with the open source licensing anyway? I emailed them asking, so we’ll see what they say.

It’s a very small package, and looks like it will provide decent cooling. With the capacitors secured it could be a decent low cost option.

6 Likes

Flipsky:

This esc doesn’t support firmware update. We have set it before shipping out. Our engineers have done some changes based on vesc, not opening source. Sorry.

When I mentioned GPL they stopped responding

9 Likes

Just stop shopping from pirates :joy:

5 Likes

this feels like i’m stealing from them

1 Like