Flipsky 6384 seized motors

Has anyone had issues with flipsky motors?

Are torqueboard any better?

I’ve now had 3 nearly seize on me, they barely rotate now

Any suggestions for best paring for open stooge gear drive?

1 Like

What conditions are you riding in? Sounds to me like the bearings are getting absolutely destroyed.

I rode in salt water and my FSBH 6384 motors were completely locked up.

Cracked them loose by hand and been riding fine enough.

3 Likes

The bearings may be perfectly fine, or at least still functional, and it could just be a build up of rust inside the motor. Easiest way to find out is to open them up and you’ll know pretty quickly what caused it, but it could be a combination of both issues.

For reference, this is the amount of rust and gunk build up needed to seize a motor up:

For that motor one bearing was still clean and the other had some grease that needed to be replaced for optimal performance but otherwise was still working.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Riding only in the street.

Not many miles on them at all

I felt like it was from heat

I had two Flipsky 6384s that both had magnets come loose. The magnets slid down and hit the stator housing causing them to feel seized…

I run Reacher V4s on my Stooge open gear drives and they are awesome (i needed to disconnect my temp sensors though as they were playing up).

*Edit: you’ll need to space motors with a plate or washers to give the motor circlip clearance on the Stooge motor mounts if that’s what you’re using. Or grind out a bit of the motor mount to allow the circlip room.

2 Likes

@RyTO what ESCs and firmware are you using? Have you hand-tested your seized motors?

Thanks, just ordered 2 of them

Sweet setup!

I have a Northcamp with 3-links

4 Likes

Any pics of this setup?

1 Like