⚔ Flipsky 6374 vs Maytech 6374 vs Ali C6374 (Dickyho motors)

New 6374 freerchobby motors are not battle hardened, but the look quite good and me metal retaining ring on top also looks solid
Seems like a good deal
Will update when my board is finished

2 Likes

That grey poo in the corner is what they mean by hardening

2 Likes

Nah bruh 1 to 1 custom BN M1 drive

1 Like

Those freerchobby motors for me have all started slipping where the rotor meets the shaft. Did they redesign that part?

2 Likes

No idea, this is my first experience with them, but the grub screw is quite big, m4 it seems, and that’s good I hope, if you have a pic we could compare when I return home.

2 Likes

The fact that it’s a grub screw at all is most of the problem. Especially since it’s only one of them :rofl:

Really needs 4 bolts or better yet, a keyway and key.

Or maybe epoxy at manufacture time.

Literally anything but grub screws.

4 Likes

Cmon man dont kill my hope in them :cry:

Its already a pain in the ass to battleharden them, I really don’t want to have to take the shaft out and epoxy it in or something haha

2 Likes

Never buy aps motors then

2 Likes

Thanks for this @Anubis, do you know if you’ll have the 6384s back in stock and can you confirm they are 140kv? I couldn’t find flipsky 140s on aliexpress. Also if you have any info on how they compare or if others know about their current capabilities compared to the 74s that’d be helpful

1 Like

They’re about 15% more everything, and new stock arrived today

Oooohh that is fun, cheers. Any idea how long you expect stock to last? Trying not to bankrupt myself

a few months maybe

Does anyone know if the battle hardened Flipskys have any conformal coating or epoxy over the hall sensors or pcb?

3 Likes

Yes, the solder pads have epoxy over them. The entire PCB isn’t but i dont think thats nessesary. Its in the images at the top :smiley:

1 Like

Now that we’re a year later, any updated opinions on the two leading motor contenders?

Both battle-hardened, both decent performers, but Maytech consistently comes in at 30-50% higher price.

Flipsky’s latest in-house developed motors seem like a crowd pleaser, improving their bottom barrel reputation of old.
Maytech’s stellar rep seems to have taken a hit with over-heating issues.

Are Maytechs worth the extra $$?

Ref:

5 Likes

Honestly the flipsky ones have worked so well for me I don’t know why I’d even consider the maytechs today

6 Likes

Bless you for providing a references page like a good nerd

3 Likes

I have never had any problems with my Maytech 6355-6374, but theyre absolutely not worth the price premium over Flipsky’s battle-hardened lineup. I’d say Maytech’s are actually a downgrade at this point.

6 Likes

Will chime in and say Flipsky motors have been solid for me. Have not tried maytech motors but I dont think they are better in any way for the extra premium they charge.

Also shoutout to @Anubis for making a great review with plenty of pictures, need more detailed reviews like this

7 Likes

Doesn’t TB (TorqueBoards) rebrand for FlipSky?