Flipsky 63100 Motor

I think length of ride comes into play for big range builds. since the bigger motors run cooler they’re prob a better option for long range AT builds. I never was able to heat up 6380/4 set up on my 4wd flux to any kind of scary heat. However, on my old 10S lacroix set up my 6374’s were damn hot almost after every ride and that thing could only do a hard 13 to 15 miles.

edit - Now that I reread that it also had a lot to do with the extra drives on 4wd. but I think my point stands.

2 Likes

The stator saturates pretty fast unfortunately.
I know that on paper amps = torque, but if i go from 6354’s running 70A to 6374 running the same amps, the 6354 saturates at around 45-50 amps and the rest is wasted heat.
The 6374 however saturates at around 80-85A so pressing full throttle will launch me like a damn tesla car.
Running both at 10A should in theory produce the same torque, potentially slightly less from the bigger motor as the losses due to the size of the rotor are bigger

5 Likes

I doubt the motors have the same kv but could be seen easily on the Vesc tool

1 Like

Are you sure that 6374 saturate over 80-85A? I testet some uphill drag races with @Simeon who has the same Mountainboard as me. When he is running 80A and I’m running 100A I accelerate noticeably better. Same weight, motors, gear drive.

2 Likes

I feel no difference in my current “170kv” (185kv measured) motors over 90A. I tried them up to 125A each and they just coil whine a little and heat up to over 50° while it’s 5-6° outside

2 Likes

It would be great to get some feedback on how Ant Innovation motors perform.

1 Like

I am waiting on drives. They will be running 9inchers on 1/4 ratio so I expect them to be adequately stressed.

1 Like

I’m looking to upgrade/replace my current sealed Maytech 6374 C2 motors with something a bit bigger and possibly open.
I’m liking the look of the APS 6384s V2 over the Flipsky… Also, I can get the APS motors for £89 each on backorder (any idea how long APS backorders take?)

Any other models to throw into the mix?

1 Like

6 weeks to 6 months…
I made that mistake once.
I can’t recommend to buy anything on backorder from APS

6 Likes

Freerchobby. £150 for a pair to your door, basically same factory as most motors you see around and the can magnets are, or are presented as battle hardened. I have not opened them yet to confirm

Be aware that with freerchobby the success rate is 50/50. You never know if the motors you get do not fail on the first rides.
With this said, I as well ordered from them before and was more or less lucky with my order.

1 Like

So is with flipsky motors that leave through the same doors. Difference is the price is so low for these i wouldn’t worry too much when they fail. Both have exactly 0 customer support anyway

whats your basis for this? curious just because I just installed 2 63100 140kvs on my 18S board. they have a high pitched wine at around 28 to 30 but seem to be performing fine

1 Like

Just from what I read here and in the old place over the last 4 years.
I think @Lee_Wright had a set of 6374s from them lately and one fucked up on the first or one of the first rides.

Lose windings is something that I had on motors from them as well (or motors which have been produced from them and just resold) and could explain the pitching noice.
I would open them up and if needed glue the windings together with some epoxy. That did help in my case.

2 Likes

good deal man thanks for the advice I’ll look into this

They’re not even the same motors :unamused:

Except from the outside the only different part is the old grooved can instead of the new smooth type.
I have flipsky 6374 from anubis groupbuy and freerchobby 63100 brand new to compare if you want. They are virtually identical except that one part. Even the sensor sleeve is identical

1 Like

The freerchobby ones have the curved magnets and battle hardening?

Battle hardening yes, at least the can is. The stator isn’t potted in epoxy on either one. Flipsky one i can tell because it coil whines, freerchobby because that’s what the webpage says.
Again, i have not opened these yet. When i will, i’ll be sure to take some pictures. For now i’m bringing the fact that they are visually identical, indicating they, freerchobby, ant innovation, flipsky, hglrc and probably quite a few others come from the same factory

2 Likes