Flipsky 63100 Battle Hardened Motors

Hey Kids

who is using these motors?

Flipsky 63100 Battle hardened 5500watts

Are they any good?

how do they compare to the 6484s?

3 Likes

Me

They have a really loud mechanical resonance at 7,100 RPM.

3 Likes

I got a set unbranded ones with 220kV but probably same factory.
I don’t like them at all. Got up to 85 degrees Celsius after 15-20 easy carving at 120A motor max setting. They also do start to make an annoying high pitching noice when riding over 30km/h. I didn’t ride them long and changed them for some reacher 6388 from @glyphiks
Happy with them since.

In case you non the less want to try some, I will put mine for sale at one point.

2 Likes

the 84s have that too and fuck me that scared me the first time

2 Likes

I haven’t, but the fact they are long and don’t a have an additional support bearing on the front of the can would make me avoid, seems like a recipe for problems long term, unless they have a completely different approach on how the can is mated to the shaft, which I doubt

5 Likes

Really? These are flipsky’s own made, I wouldn’t think unbranded ones would exist

2 Likes

I doubt Flipsky has their own factory to make motors, neither has maytech, but I‘m not that deep into it so might be wrong here :man_shrugging:
Even if different factory, it still is the same design, so i would expect them to heat up similar fast. I also would add that the extrem length isn’t the best to hold the bell in balance while rotating. Especially with belt,chain or helical drives I don’t think it’s the best choice.
Just my humble opinion thou.

3 Likes

Flipsky / HGLRC might not own the factory, but its certainly not possible to buy that design without going through them (Same with maytech i guess). Are you 100% sure you have the same ones? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The design is the same. I also don’t see any difference in design over the ones freerchobby of Ant and other brands sell.
There are some differences in surface finish and some do not battle harden them or use an additional retainer, but that’s miner preference you can easy get custom from the same factory when ordering decent amounts of motors.

The motors in question

3 Likes

I guess im still not convinced, those look similar but internally Im not sure they’re the same at all (Curved magnets? Embedded hall? properly epoxied?)

7 Likes

Ok they are totally different from a totally different factory than. That’s ok, still the point is that a long closed bell isn’t the best design used for esk8 applications. Curved magnets and embedded hall sensors will not change anything on the fact that the bell will not run balanced and that the motors will get quick hot at decent current settings.
As minimum that’s my experience. If others do have other experiences with those or similar motors in that size than that’s as well ok.
Maybe I just got a bad set :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I have experiences with 2 batches of MT 6396. They are build the same except the bolt pattern. One gets hot and one stays cool. Now guess why…

2 Likes

one is a little spicy???

See the Maytechs 6396 i have seen enough bad feedback i woudl not want to mess with them.
not sure how Lacroix and Kaly make it work, but I would not get them.

4 Likes

Long motors are dumb. Change my mind.

14 Likes

Large = more power
/s

2 Likes

go draw dicks with your one wheel dude…

come back when you got more Reacher Motors to sell me…

5 Likes

Large doesn’t need to be long. Long is dumb.

4 Likes

They’re coming. One day :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have the freerchobby versions on my 20S bro. They scream at ~25mph and I mean SCREAM. I don’t recall what the RPM is but I’m running 14M/72W if you feel like doing some math.

Haven’t had and kind of operational issues with them though and I finally did a 30+ mile ride with them yesterday.

2 Likes

you mean cross state dick riding?

2 Likes