FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

Exciting!

1 Like

whohooo! Let me throw you some money then next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a way to use the davega x and the Flipsky vx2 remote?
Cause both of them use the UART Port on the Unity.
Or can you connect the davega x on a different way?

I believe i saw an UART splitter some time ago. No clue how that works though, but might be worth investigating.

there’s a second internal uart in the unity but it requites a custom firmware build to get it enabled

2 Likes

USPLIT @Ricco

Solid Circuits

You don’t want to split the VX2 receiver, Ricco does not recommend it.

Think it works by delaying commands if multiple devices want to communicate that’s fine for Bluetooth/GPSmodules not so good for BRAKES!

Freesk8 @DerelictRobot found another way around the issue with there system by having a central control system deciding what takes priority

The thing is davegaX could be redesigned to work over canbus as that’s the point of it for multiple systems to work together but. that’s more difficult. Metro pro only recently moved away from uart and made a canbus version. So maybe there might be a future v3 Davega can

4 Likes

@DIY There is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Couple of silly questions,
Is this supposed to be put inline or in parallel with main power line?
What is the max peak current I can put through this at 12s setup?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

N/A charge only BMS. Spe say max 10A charge current.

Connect it to your battery it’s a BMS

I gotta be honest with you guys.

I’ve been hella anxious and stressed for the couple past days. Doesn’t help that I’ve also been a little depressed due to the cold & dark Finnish winter (and not been able to enjoy esk8ing).

The point being, if this looks like it could be something that would be worth it to quit my current part-time engineering job. I have already talked with them about what I’ve been doing in my free-time, how the development has gone and progressed and that I might be possibly leaving the company if this looks like it could be something worthwhile. When I came to the company, the job was all new and exciting, but over the couple of years working there, it has become dull, limiting and I can’t find the passion or motivation for the customer projects. I am honestly so glad to have met my colleagues, which are all awesome, fantastic people and that they are pretty much the only thing still keeping me there.

In a sense, I’m both excited and scared for either outcome. Scared of this new effort failing and having to return back to the old job, but excited to be able to stay with the colleagues that I enjoy working with. Excited for the new effort succeeding and scared of having the leave my wonderful colleagues behind and the possibility of failure that might loom in the future. I’ve been jumping between two hot irons for some time now and I feel tired (although this winter depression might have something to do with it at the moment).

I’m still worried about that one event where a user managed to fry their laptop’s USB-port and I couldn’t find any possible failure mode that could have caused it, nor did the extra digging and discussion with the affected user reveal anything new. I have since refunded the price of the 1 unit to them on Paypal, even though they didn’t buy it from me, but from another user that actually bought it from me. I had asked them to ship the unit back to me, but due to busy school scheduling at the end of the year and 'Rona related problems at the start of the year, they haven’t been able to ship the unit back to me, so I haven’t been able to do any hands-on testing or diagnosis what could have caused this. I feel this is something I want you guys to know, as it is an un-diagnosed event at this time and just in case it happens again.

I feel humbled and honored to have been presented with an opportunity to start my own company doing things that I find interesting and selling the fruits born from said interests to a group of fellow hobbyists and enthusiast like you guys.

If you guys still feel like taking a chance on me knowing these things.

The checkout is enabled now

Note, checkout is currently disabled for addresses in the UK due to reasons described in the following thread:

34 Likes

I was in pretty much the same situation last year before quitting my job to work on the DAVEGA full time. I pulled the trigger at last. Since then I’ve been so busy as never before and making a fraction of the money I used to make. Yet I don’t regret the decision. This is by far the most interesting and the most satisfying job I have had. I also still get to see my ex-coleagues, which is nice.

Also, if you quit your job in a civilized way, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to come back should things not work out as you have expected.

22 Likes

Kudos man !!!

It is scary, stressful but it is infinitely more satisfying.

8 Likes

You will not regret not doing it. And as @janpom said, you can always get back or even find a new job if you feel like it in the future. May the luck be with you :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Ordered! Don’t worry, i bet everything’s gonna be fine. And even if this for some reason doesn’t work out, there are always other jobs available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Worked flawless for me, maybe try another option?

1 Like

The best of luck! We are all here to support one way or another.

Places an order right away as you opened payment haha.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Also working par time in engineering and totally understand your situation. It’s pretty unfortunate but February is the most depressing time for electronics folks here as well (even our CAD guys are a bit under the weather due to lack out outside activities and sun). I suggest keeping the job until your more certain that this side hustle can provide enough income. If you are reaching burnout or are working too much (13hrs workdays are real mental killer) take some rest from all of this. Recently had 3 week deadline that I had to meet, afterwards I took 5 day break and did some other projects and things I missed. Really helps to regain mental strength and motivation to return to project. :wink:
Also remember, if you do electronics for living you will always find other places to work at. I’m not sure how it is in Finland, but in Latvia the moment you mention to someone that you make electronics and and have no par/full time job, you get tons of offers. The moment I left my previous job that was draining me mentally, I got 3 job offers in 1 month. Another good option for job opportunities is to hang around electronics folk. Used to be part of university electronics club. We still keep in touch through whatsapp groups and if there is new Job opening it gets shared to everyone else, lot of my friends have found better workplaces that way. Hopefully things turn out for you better in future!

11 Likes

A couple of days ago I said to some people here “Is FlexiBMS still not shipping?” and thought to myself “maybe it’s worth learning electronics and making my own since there is definitely a huge market potential for this”. So I say do it! Just be aware there will soon be competition in the space from Trampa and Freesk8…