FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

So easy to simulate take 1 cell out of a pack that p group with the missing cell will discharge faster than every other p group

Also if you had a healthy 8p pack and for some reason 4 of those cells became disconnected.

In standard bypass the 4 remaining cells would become over discharged and be permanently damaged, needing replacement.

If we had vesc throttling based off cell values rather than pack voltage then this pack would have been saved. Pack might need repair but not replacement. Also would have been safe for the user, only experiencing gradual power loss like when battery is low.

3 Likes

We have a VMS but it still needs some more attention on the software side.

4 Likes

Yes a special version of it.

1 Like

Removing the huge 250amp BMS for this tiny thing that’s got to be space for a extra 30 cells if not more. How fare do people ride your boards in a day

1 Like

It will still be the safest battery ever. It have trippel fuse system.

8 Likes

It it a combination of 18650 (top) and 20700 (bottom) cells?

how about 13 fuses, have i got you beat?

3 Likes

40T cells, its 2x 12s3p with two flexi bms, nickelfuse for discharge, normal fuse for discharge and fuse for charge.
No cables and all nickel precut so no sharp corners. Can bus cable, discharge, balance, bms is all intergrated in pcb. You can stack them so you could techical make it 12s9p but very thick. They have a canbus connector between the pcbs to.
Its made to pass the higher certificate UL2272

14 Likes

I see. On the rendering, the cells in the bottom layer look bigger than the ones on the top layer. Is that just an optical illusion? In the bottom, the cells take the full area of the PCB whereas on the top, there’s still space left for the connectors.

Its exactly the same both. Maybe opticsl illusion.

5 Likes

Wow! Bioboards will have a battery that is UL listed? I read up on some of the requirements and cost for that
…deffinetly not cheap. Holy cow, this is legit.

1 Like

Will only UN cert it. UL is to expensive to cert. But its made to pass it

8 Likes

So 44km 1000w pack ish. You lot are insanity my legs couldn’t take that Much punishment

1 Like

I’m planning on building a 4,5kWh pack this summer and going roadtripping with it… 400+ cells.
Should be good for at least 250 km

5 Likes

What cells will you use? 50E or what?

At the moment I’m looking more towards 35Es (my current pack is 10S6P of 35Es), as they’ll fit nicely into the parallel and series groups in the available space. I did look also at the 50Es, but the terminal nickel job is essentially going to be irregular then, if I want to use the space efficiently cell wise.

3 Likes

On an esk8?!?!

1 Like

yikes, going to be a small tower in between your legs lool?!?!? i though i was crazy for trying to do a 40 mile commute to work on my board. looool

1 Like

I wouldn’t do a 40 mile commute in my CAR lol. You most certainly are crazy. I respect that kind of insanity though :+1:

8 Likes