FlexiBMS Lite - Flexible Configuration BMS w/ CAN-bus

I images a idiot guide is on the way. This is only at v 0.5x not a full relice to public so it’s under testing in my eyes and only suitable for competent or people willing to put some extra effort in to understand it what’s needed and required.

1 Like

That’s racist bro

Im planning to go over a few of the basics in video format for @glyphiks when my new unit comes in, would be more than happy to share them here when completed

3 Likes

He’s already working on a full video guide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep…yep…yep…

packs up and makes whole family move because…NYC…

1 Like

So i´ve just had to went through the post to check how to enable Flexi readings in Metr.

Firstly i connected a charger to awake the Flexi to check if Can readings are there in Metr. Worked like a charme.

Then i enabled Wake on Can via Metr in the Flexi settings, also set Stay Active time to 1 (hour).

Would be nice to have a small tutorial to get that workin in Metr @rpasichnyk with Wake on Can

2 Likes

But is he as good looking and smooth talking as @Zach ?

I guess time will tell :thinking:

1 Like

The metr pro is powered by the VESC 5v rail. Wouldn’t that be like asking you to remote to turn the tv on when it’s switched off at the wall.

If you powered it by a 5v buck converter then you have a constant drain on you batery and I’m not a fan of that idea. This is all under the assumption the metr pro can works with out the VESC seen as BV butchered the can protcalls

You’ll get to enjoy some rally Finnish and a genuine cave troll appearance

Got the external mic holder prototyped this morning. Will start shooting today.

What’s this? BV = Benjamin Vedder??

4 Likes

“appinte ääs of timo” god damn this video brings me joy everytime I see it :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Up in the asshole :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

We´re on the wrong page again.
I wanna wake up the Flexi, if the Vesc is powered on. Metr is connected to Vesc and is able to read data from Flexi if it is awake.

@SimosMCmuffin Is there some setting i´m missing? It doesn´t work this way, only if i plug in the charger.

I wrote up a quick setup guide for FlexiBMS + DAVEGA X. I believe the same is valid for FlexiBMS + Metr.

https://davega.eu/flexibms-setup

8 Likes

Perfect thanks!
Found my issue:
$38=1 (was 0, so Flexi couldn´t wake up)

2 Likes

Hi,
I’am runningen Davega X with the FlexiBMS (both with latest Firmware) .So fare everything works great but when I change the CAN ID (default 10) from FlexiBMS the BMS is not recognized anymore from the Davega X. Only with 10 it is working.
I want to use 2 FlexiBMS with one Davega X so i guess i need to change the CAN ID from one FlexiBMS.

Best
Philo

1 Like

1 board 2 batteries? :open_mouth:

Use 10 and 11.

Note.
This is one of my first videos where I’m putting myself out there on this kind of scale. I would appreciate constructive feedback, if you have any. Although I would expect that if I start making more videos, then I would start to slowly become more confident in front of the camera and with my speech.

Did I go too much into detail on the parameters or not? I know the video went on a bit long and I didn’t even get to properly doing the practical demonstration.

18 Likes

4WD. Wanted to keep battery cable as short as possible.

thx. Will check it out alter.