First DIY! LOOKING for criticism and opinions

We’ve been working on making some great skateboard products, but we’re hitting some design bottlenecks right now.

what are your thoughts on them? Are there any areas that could be improved? Let me know if you have any better suggestions so I can try to make a product out of it.

3 Likes

Some information would be useful. Pics look nice, but words to explain what you are making would make it easier to understand…

The parts look nice tho! :eyes:

That red hub with pulley looks wiiiide. What’s the dimensions?

3 Likes

Hey thanks for your reply
Wheel inner diameter 92MM
outer frame diameter 104MM.
wheel inner width 55MM,
wheel outer width 61MM
and you are right, I should fill in some information :eyes:

1 Like

Wheel Description.

• CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum

• Compatibility: MBS Truck/Trampa Truck/Lacroix Truck/Surf-rodz Truck/Moon drive/etoxx drive/; compatible with systems belonging to the MBS belt drive

• Size: wheel inner diameter 92MM, outer frame diameter 104MM. wheel inner width 55MM, wheel outer width 61MM.

• Fitted tire size: 7-8 inches.

10MM or 12MM inner diameter bearings are available (6001 bearings - 12MM shaft mounting, 6000 bearings - 10MM shaft mounting)

• Synchronous wheel parameters: 5M-21-70T.

1 Like

• . CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum

• .Compatibility: evolve Truck/meepo Truck/ownboard Truck/wowgo Truck/lycaon Truck/drive/rideonsra Truck, etc.; compatible with systems belonging to the double-decker axle belt drive.

• Size: wheel inner diameter 92MM, outer frame diameter 104MM. wheel inner width 35MM, wheel outer width 42MM.

• Applicable tire size: 6-8 inches.

• Synchronous wheel parameters: 5M-16-63T.

1 Like

• CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum
  • Specifications: overall length of bridge 350MM, shaft length 55MM, shaft diameter 10 MM.
  • Motor bracket thickness 7MM, bracket center distance 65-69MM, motor mounting hole φ38MM, support 5 series motors.
  • adjustable angle of the base 11-55 degrees adjustable.
1 Like

Why did you choose the angles and design you did? What benefit does it give?

This stuff looks really interesting! Will look forwards to seeing it in use.

These are pretty awesome looking aesthetics wise. What’s the approx weight on this? That hanger looks pretty heavy

1 Like

This stuff looks awesome, however the best way to get feedback is to let members of the community test it out. It looks great, but performance and durability are pretty much unknown from looking at these.

3 Likes

gimme
i throw down the stairs

7 Likes

I’ve broken a few sets of trucks the way I ride, send a set this way if you want them battle tested.

aesthetically pleasing, untested hardware? cool. who do you work for, exactly?

5 Likes

For the channel trucks, almost everyone’s moved on from springs to polyurethane bushings. Far more customizable, and aren’t subject to oscillation since the bushings are naturally damping.

2 Likes

Maybe a friend of Newbee? Idk really, good question though, there’s a lot of engineering hours here

Getting a little tired of the “no one is going to buy unless you give some out to testers” dynamic.

9 Likes

location says shenzhen, not that thats even a tiny bit surprising.

wide compatibility is a good sign. but id still like to know what company im giving advice to.

1 Like

i’d end up buying if i were in the market regardless

i don’t have a girl to spend moni on, so i resort to making my boards look and feel pwetty

8 Likes

I’ve seen the same parts on Reddit from someone in Hainan, so it’s probably related. Channel trucks appear to be made by “Linn”, which I haven’t heard from before.

It is a bit old now but that’s the attitude of the forum lately

3 Likes