First DIY build, thoughts/feedback?

Cheers man. I didn’t change much from the original plan. There’s a stormcore 60d in now because there was a wait on the xenith. Motors are ANT innovations 63100 170kv. The deck inserts from eboards Peru came straight out so I’ve just bolted through from the top of the deck. Initially it was was way too low (pictured above) but I got around that by drilling new truck mounting holes further down the kicks on the deck. I’ve got it set to 85amps per motor, torque is crazy! Couldn’t get any 9" wheels so I’ve got 8" MBS tyres on. I’ve also moved the dampers on the trucks to the inner most setting so it’s plenty carvy enough. Pic below shows the new height with a large coffee cup for reference, 16oz for you Americans :wink:

1 Like

Sick board! I’m just starting on my first build as well. I’m sure it’s exciting when it’s all together and doesn’t blow up when you first turn it on haha

1 Like

So, this is literally the force applied at the tire edge (at the point of contact with the ground, ignoring inflation pressures). Maybe this is too basic for the very intelligent people here, but still worth a quick diagram.

torque, τ = F ⋅ r
Where r is the tire radius.

Or force, F = τ / r

2 Likes

I run 1:4 and 9 inch with 63100 160kv… JUST CRANK UP THE AMPS!!! (evil laughter).
Haven’t really stressed the system yet. But no its not a dragster for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys loving this board, but I did expect more top end speed. What’s the limiting factor here, screenshot taken at full noise on flat. I’ve got plenty more amps and wattage to play with?

Your low battery voltage will sag that top speed quickly.

Was this happening on full charge as well?

1 Like

Never mind, I figured it out, had it set on 1:5 instead of 1:4 :rofl:

1 Like

Mind if I ask did you add vinyl on your enclosure? Got one from Amazon and I’m wondering if I could paint it. Not sure