First DIY build, thoughts/feedback?

Thanks man, I thought they’d be good but just wanted some first hand experience!

1 Like

just wanted to show off trucks and gear drives because they’re so pretty! :grin: Shout out to 3dservisas!

7 Likes

Plus enclosure painting. Work in progress…

4 Likes

Finished my enclosure and have her a name! Bit lame but I like it :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I like it too :+1:

Sounds like the cousin of dirt surfer

2 Likes

now u have to post video of it hopping grass then she is complete :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol will do!

Question, is silicone enough to waterproof these holes or should I use a resin?

1 Like

Silicone sealant is ideal for waterproofing - that’s it’s core function. The only concern I might have is it’s not for structural use in any way. So if those holes + patches aren’t protected from rocks/debris/accidental poke, your silicone might get ripped out by accident

Thanks mate. Update, it’s been a few days and the silicone is still so soft that I just don’t trust it. I reckon I’m going to cut it out and replace with resin. Or maybe even this super strong silicone that a plumber mate of mine recommended

Although more than happy for recommendations from anyone with better ideas!

Actually, latest advice was fibreglass, thoughts or experience?

Just fill with epoxy resin

1 Like

Fiberglass is cloth + epoxy resin. You could, but epoxy by itself is probably enough. Just make sure you get some with a longer cure time than the cheapo 5 minute stuff.

1 Like

3 Likes

Not far off now, battery nearly finished then I’m good to go, just gotta program the vesc which I have no idea how to do :rofl:

1 Like

We got you covered dude. Run your motor detection, followed by your input detection, change whatever values you don’t like to match your motor, speed, battery, throttle curve, duty cycle current limit start, etc, and ask about any other settings you’re confused about.

If you’re unsure, be patient and wait for an answer. Don’t want you street facing a new build over something silly.

What firmware are you going to try out? 5.3 is in beta still. 5.2 is the most stable current version.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I have no idea, haven’t really thought that far ahead yet. Based on what you’ve said, probably 5.2

Learning your way around the terrible UI of VESC Tool is a right of passage. Like Justin said, try not to be in a hurry, this is not the step to rush through. Bench test it thoroughly and then take some careful low speed rides before really hammering the throttle. You don’t want to discover a problem at 30mph.

You have a very cool board in the works and I am excited for you to get to ride it soon!

2 Likes

Xenith easy UI vs Vesc Tool? I’m pretty sure my xenith is V1

Vesc tool’s UI is not that bad, especially with the wizard that makes it much easier
BLDC tool was much worse IMO

1 Like