First DIY build, thoughts/feedback?

Alright lads, parts are flooding in! Just waiting on finality AT kit from 3d Servisas and MBS F5 bindings, then off to Glyph for the 12s8P Molicel p42a battery.

6 Likes

Thoughts/ feedback? I’ll be taking this slow so I don’t stuff it up. My main question is regarding waterproofing, the enclosure has a rubber gasket, but are waterproof cable glands enough to waterproof the cable entry points? As mentioned in the waterproofing thread, I was also going to use sugru to doubly seal any ingress points. Also when making the xt90 loopkey, do you guys just epoxy the female side into the enclosure? Also where can I get those cool 3d printed loopkey covers/handle? Be as harsh as you like, I’d rather it now than have something fuck up later!

1 Like

You mean this?

Not exactly but they do look good! Something like that anyway, sold out unfortunately

He’s working on stock afaik. Should be done soon.

2 Likes

I was thinking more like this one. Loopkey mounting. How do you do it? - #7 by Linny

1 Like

Anyone else have any thoughts on cable glands for waterproofing?

Yep, I use pg glands regularly, ride through nasty nasty, and have seen zero trace of water/dirt/mud in my enclosure.

This one specifically is a PG21 gland and the number denotes interior diameter.

1 Like

Thanks man, I thought they’d be good but just wanted some first hand experience!

1 Like

just wanted to show off trucks and gear drives because they’re so pretty! :grin: Shout out to 3dservisas!

7 Likes

Plus enclosure painting. Work in progress…

4 Likes

Finished my enclosure and have her a name! Bit lame but I like it :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I like it too :+1:

Sounds like the cousin of dirt surfer

2 Likes

now u have to post video of it hopping grass then she is complete :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol will do!

Question, is silicone enough to waterproof these holes or should I use a resin?

1 Like

Silicone sealant is ideal for waterproofing - that’s it’s core function. The only concern I might have is it’s not for structural use in any way. So if those holes + patches aren’t protected from rocks/debris/accidental poke, your silicone might get ripped out by accident

Thanks mate. Update, it’s been a few days and the silicone is still so soft that I just don’t trust it. I reckon I’m going to cut it out and replace with resin. Or maybe even this super strong silicone that a plumber mate of mine recommended

Although more than happy for recommendations from anyone with better ideas!

Actually, latest advice was fibreglass, thoughts or experience?

Just fill with epoxy resin

1 Like