FIRST BUUILDD | Thing 1 |

lmao no big deal, some of the screws zachtetra sent me with the mounts were almost unusably stripped but I went ahead and tightened the fuck out of em anyway. Then I took the board out for first little test cruise today and one of the motor mounts kept slipping. So I loctited everything but only waited like 3 hrs and tried it again and same thing happened. I guess you really do gotta wait 24 hrs, WHATDYA KNOW. I was excited. couldnt wait. Anyway, suffice to say a couple of those already questionable screws were stripped to fuck at that point so I dremeled them out

Highly recommend alloy bolts. Allen head. 12.9 if possible. But 10.5 will do. Stainless is meh

2 Likes

cool Iā€™ll try to get some from the hardware store tomorrow. That was such a tease tho, I can tell that thing is a fuckin rocket canā€™t wait to get it all tightened up

1 Like

Yes, you need to do this on all connections. They will eventually vibrate loose otherwise.

5 Likes

Yeah so I noticed that the other day and had sudden loss of power. Luckily I wasnā€™t going very fast yet.

Any other suggestions instead of a zip tie? Perhaps a thin Velcro strap. At least that would be reusable.

Zip ties are very cheap and they donā€™t conduct electricity and are easy to install and to remove. Just get the really small ones.

1 Like

cost me $1 for a pack of 100 at the surplus store

good call dude forgot to do this!

1 Like

What really ?? Never ever have I heard a xt60/90 comingg off due to vibration
Maybe after plugging them in and off a lot, they get a little loose, but theyā€™re quite hard to take off by hand

I mean most people run a loopkey, how many have lost one due to vibration?

1 Like

You donā€™t ride hard enough.

I rode in Brussels and they have cobble stones. My xt60 disconnected from vibration.

2 Likes

I ride in Paris, a lot of Cobblestone too, but I try to avoid them but still
It was one from hobbyking or a cheap pack on bangood/aliexpress ?

Amass hobby king. Just one that happens to be a little on the loose side. But still you ride long enough on uneven surfaces and they will vibrate loose.

First time you have your skate shut down mid-ride, you will start doing this too :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Been a min since I updated because this suckerā€™s pretty much DONE! There are quite a few little issues like things still coming loose but I think Iā€™ve got everything threadlocked and placed optimally. I thinkā€¦Iā€™ve gone on a few 10 mi rides so far and after each one I have to tweak some little things but Iā€™m gonna go ahead and say itā€™s done for now until I get this enclosure Iā€™m waiting on from psychotiller. Until then Iā€™m riding this thing with the TB enclosure velcroed on. Itā€™s annoying but whatever :man_shrugging: I make it work.

Got it past 35mph the other day!

Iā€™m waiting on some upgrades in the mail including a better pulley from Brenternet and will switch the gearing ratio from 16:36 to 18:40. Maybe Iā€™ll tack on an additional 1mph to my topspeed. Anyway, Iā€™m pretty happy with it, really just want to have it solid for longer rides without something coming loose or getting a weird sound. I havenā€™t done a complete range test yet, but Iā€™m thinking I can get around 20 mi or so. The other day I checked my battery during the ride and the indicator read 29%. I thought I had atleast another 5 mi but about 1.5 mi later my speed just slowly sagged down to like 5mph and the indicator read 0%. I called an uber home and charged it up. I know youā€™re not supposed to run your battery out to 0% but the indicator was misleading! Hopefully I didnā€™t fuck up my battery doing that. Thanks @Skunk for the deck @torqueboards for all the main parts and everyone else on this forum for helping me achieve this!

4 Likes

:+1: Once you get to about 20-25%. Itā€™s best to lay easy on the throttle and mostly cruise. Hard riding will cause the voltage to fluctuate more and your quicker to hit 0% faster and once things cool off it will level out again.

There is a chance it will fluctuate and youā€™ll run out of power BMS will shut off.

We have some new clamps that should help. Iā€™ll send you a PM.

1 Like

dope, thanks for the heads up. Yeah I rip this thing at 30mph constantly Iā€™ll need to start being more cognizant of how that affects my battery if Iā€™m gonna keep riding like that :joy::joy:

1 Like

Will actually increase your acceleration, lowering top speed.

are you sure? 3Dservasis calc read .5mph more with 18:40 ratio. Either way its virtually the same as 16:36 right?

Iā€™ve always understood it as; the further apart motor & wheel pulley tooth count are from each other = more acceleration

Closer together = higher top speed.

But youā€™re going from 16/36 (20 apart)
To 18/40 (22 apart)

Not sure how noticeable it will be.

Now if you stay 16/40, it will accelerate and brake much different than what youā€™ve been riding.

2 Likes