FIRST BUUILDD | Thing 1 |

I mean most people run a loopkey, how many have lost one due to vibration?

1 Like

You don’t ride hard enough.

I rode in Brussels and they have cobble stones. My xt60 disconnected from vibration.

2 Likes

I ride in Paris, a lot of Cobblestone too, but I try to avoid them but still
It was one from hobbyking or a cheap pack on bangood/aliexpress ?

Amass hobby king. Just one that happens to be a little on the loose side. But still you ride long enough on uneven surfaces and they will vibrate loose.

First time you have your skate shut down mid-ride, you will start doing this too :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Been a min since I updated because this sucker’s pretty much DONE! There are quite a few little issues like things still coming loose but I think I’ve got everything threadlocked and placed optimally. I think…I’ve gone on a few 10 mi rides so far and after each one I have to tweak some little things but I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s done for now until I get this enclosure I’m waiting on from psychotiller. Until then I’m riding this thing with the TB enclosure velcroed on. It’s annoying but whatever :man_shrugging: I make it work.

Got it past 35mph the other day!

I’m waiting on some upgrades in the mail including a better pulley from Brenternet and will switch the gearing ratio from 16:36 to 18:40. Maybe I’ll tack on an additional 1mph to my topspeed. Anyway, I’m pretty happy with it, really just want to have it solid for longer rides without something coming loose or getting a weird sound. I haven’t done a complete range test yet, but I’m thinking I can get around 20 mi or so. The other day I checked my battery during the ride and the indicator read 29%. I thought I had atleast another 5 mi but about 1.5 mi later my speed just slowly sagged down to like 5mph and the indicator read 0%. I called an uber home and charged it up. I know you’re not supposed to run your battery out to 0% but the indicator was misleading! Hopefully I didn’t fuck up my battery doing that. Thanks @Skunk for the deck @torqueboards for all the main parts and everyone else on this forum for helping me achieve this!

4 Likes

:+1: Once you get to about 20-25%. It’s best to lay easy on the throttle and mostly cruise. Hard riding will cause the voltage to fluctuate more and your quicker to hit 0% faster and once things cool off it will level out again.

There is a chance it will fluctuate and you’ll run out of power BMS will shut off.

We have some new clamps that should help. I’ll send you a PM.

1 Like

dope, thanks for the heads up. Yeah I rip this thing at 30mph constantly I’ll need to start being more cognizant of how that affects my battery if I’m gonna keep riding like that :joy::joy:

1 Like

Will actually increase your acceleration, lowering top speed.

are you sure? 3Dservasis calc read .5mph more with 18:40 ratio. Either way its virtually the same as 16:36 right?

I’ve always understood it as; the further apart motor & wheel pulley tooth count are from each other = more acceleration

Closer together = higher top speed.

But you’re going from 16/36 (20 apart)
To 18/40 (22 apart)

Not sure how noticeable it will be.

Now if you stay 16/40, it will accelerate and brake much different than what you’ve been riding.

2 Likes

Board is looking great. Straps and all lol. Always knew that deck would make a good esk8.

1 Like

ahh bummer I don’t wanna lose any top speed :joy::joy: ahh well, I’ll just have to ride it and see. What about 20T motor pulleys with 8mm bore and keyway? Does that exist? was looking and found some on alibaba but without the keyway:

Would these work?

Just get bigger wheels lol.

1 Like

Goddamnit looks like TB110’s it’s gonna be hahahah

1 Like

You’ll need risers with those probably.
Even just going up to 90mm or 100mm.

yeah I already threw on some 1/8" risers, I think I’ll have the clearance but if not I’ll get bigger ones. I’ve abandoned my anti-riser ways

1 Like

Did you order adjustable baseplates too?

yessir!

I think all those parts would be a game changer