First Build, Switchblade 40"+eboosted enc, TB DD 75Kv, 12s4p 21700 40T

Thanks for providing those details. What are the exact tires that you are using? Got a picture perhaps?

1 Like

thanks <3 I’m actually super proud of it. If there are any other batteries i should add, lemme know.
Its a very powerful tool with all the filters/ sorting and such

P42s rate very well on the sheet. the specific power (Watts per kg) are 150% of the 40T a
Looks like they beat out the 40T at everything. and the price difference is only $30 or 10% on a 12s4p pack

I think it would be useful to have the vtc5d and vtc6 cells in there as well. Nice work.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33024348739.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5a7a4c4drJUMJq

1 Like

So the P42a cell is advantageous in almost every, if not all, aspects over the 40T except price?

Seemingly. You get marginal performance increase across the board and significant wattage increase for an increased price per cell of roughly %10

That price difference has come down significantly over the last few months

2 Likes

If buying in EU, even the price is better. NKON is charging 5.75E for the P42a and 5.95E for the 40T. If buying 50 or more the difference increases. Maybe it is different in elsewhere?

https://www.nkon.nl/rechargeable/li-ion/21700-20700-size/molicel-21700a-4200mah-30a.html

1 Like

Esc & bms update:
I will use a Focbox unity on the build. A guy an the forum had a new in box. I bought it. Will be great, no need to mess around with loop-keys and Flipsky switches. Also seems reliable and powerful. Still curious on Neobox power and reliability.

BMS
Will start with D140, charge only. Will continue to look for solution where I can limit charge to 4.15V and get individual cell reading via Bluetooth with minimum current draw when sleeping. Very reliable balancing. Contenders Neptun, jbd/ltt(30A), BieDieBMS.

@love2scoot There is a mod in the Neptun to allow supervised discharge of +100A. Includes changing the mosfet resistor to 1m Ohm. Thread on endless sphere forum. ”Supported” from the manufacturer. Seems to be very competent on the product, positive to mods and great customer service overall. Will be very interesting to hear your views when implemented on your build.

2 Likes

Need advice om mounting TB DD to Switchblade 40
I received the TB DD drives with the 110mm wheels. Will top mount. But am a bit concerned if they still will get wheel bite? Do I need to mount them further apart than standard. Any experience with this combo?

@rusins I read a thread about a similar problem where you had moved your trucks. Also read about @akhlut and his cover plates and ”X-things”. Confused about what’s needed…

@torqueboards
Why I am asking instead of trying is that my board does not have any holes drilled yet so if I can get some experience from others before turning the board to a Swiss cheese that would be great…

Go fogstar

£3.25 p42a
£3.15 40t

If you received the drives already, and have the deck, then surely you can just top-mount and check for yourself if you get wheelbite by standing on it? :laughing: If you do, then look at @eBoosted’s build thread for his Switchblade, to see how he extended the wheelbase.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like they would wheel bite. I’d try to test fit to confirm. You’ll definitely need to top mount usually.

@rusins
@torqueboards
Then I will test and see.
Thanks a lot.

Then I will look around for something to cover the hole from the top. Will look around here and see what’s been used before.

Great prices!
For this build I have already bought though.
But I will soon buy cells for another ebike battery, 35E.

Is this a reputable seller? Only high quality genuine cells?

Great, will try!
2.46 GBP is a very good price for 35E as well. Price on P42a same as NKON if buying 50+.

Got my p42s, tested 4 for capacity. All four above 4240 mah at 1A load. Very good!

1 Like

I dont think so

My mistake, I looked at the post from October with October pricing. Definitely the best prices I’ve seen! I’ll be happy to support a guy supporting the forum as well :smile: The pricing on the 50E was very good as well.

The build is progressing. Still missing the BMS, stuck somewhere between China and Sweden. But the rest is “test-riding” ready.

I am using the Unity.
As I have understood the new VESC tool doesnt work with the Unity. Is this correct?

I have used the FOCBOX Tool and FOCCBOX UI for programming and Phone App while riding. But I am missing the different profiles feature… apart from that it works great.

Which is the easiest way to get different profiles from phone app on the unity?