(First Build) LY Evo 36 | 12s2p | Dual 6374 | Dual FocBox v1.6 | TB 110 72A | TB drivetrain

:joy::joy: Haha

1 Like

sometimes maths are hard late in the evening!

1 Like

I…“almost always” have to unfukmyself in the morning when I think clever shit late at nite…

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That build is lovely. 12s4p is where you need to be.
Minimum. Nice details on the finish.
Love me an evo.

As for batteries. Multiply voltage by amps to get watts.
12s2p 30q is a max 40 amp battery so 42 x40 =1680
10s3p 40t is a max 45 amp battery so 36 x 45 =1620

12s wins. Although the 40 t will give you better range than the 30q but as you will be pushing it hard er then maybe not.

2 Likes

Cant a 10s3p output 75 amps max? I heard that you can only safely run it at 25 amps per cell even though it is rated at 35 amps per cell.

Motor max is very different from battery max you fuckin k00k. 15 battery amps and 60 motor amps per side will be fine.

Have a read in here. Battery Amps, Motor Amps and Duty Cycle... Please Explain

@kcheng5 don’t mind Daddy @Dareno, he’s been drinking. 10s3p 40T will happily do 75a total.

Fuck me, the misinformation in here is rife.

4 Likes

Haha, seems like everyone is getting crazy during the night. Thanks for clearing things up mate.

2 Likes

I think I might have found out why my board is shutting off. I found where the switch I bought off of ebay was sourced from … It’s from maytech for $18.90 and the guy sold it to me for $70 :angry: . Anyways, it is rated for 50V so could it be that when I throttle to 100%, maybe the voltage exceeds 50V for a split second and then shuts the board off?

Not saying the switch isn’t a piece of shit, but doubt that’s your problem. Voltage drops when you throttle and amps go up. The lower number of cells in parallel and the shittier the cells, the more you’ll see it sag. The most being at full throttle up hill. Hence, why everyone immediately jumped on sag vs voltage cutoffs as your issue.

1 Like

Thanks Al…

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Sorry @kcheng5. Got my cells mixed up due to alcoholism.
12s is still better tho…

4 Likes

I blame the demon weed and Bodka!

3 Likes

TLDR, is the 12s2p running a discharge bms?

I think it is charge only. Mboards is super vague on their site. Here is the log from when I cutout mid ride which I think can spread some light

@glyphiks do you mind explaining what the duty percentage is? I noticed that each time my battery has cutout, the voltage drops to way below cutoff end around 10-20volts and the duty percentage reaches 100+%.

Duty cycle is explained in the thread I linked above. I have a basic idea of what it is, but I’ll probably mince the explanation. Best check that thread, its god some valuable info.

1 Like

Thank you for saying this

2 Likes

Maybe in the future, I will drill my own truck holes further back and get an angled baseplate. Probably will look a lot cleaner too

My advice would be to ride it until you are happy with the setup

That means trying different bushings,washers and angled rubber risers , fixed baseplates

If everything above fails you’ve probably built a board that isn’t suitable for you

Don’t reach the point of buying adj baseplates :rofl:

2 Likes

From the few precious miles that I get before my battery cuts out, the board rides fantastic. Got new bushings and washers and enough risers to clear the motor mounts. Way better than my boosted board for sure

1 Like

You are also using riptide pivot cups too?

1 Like