First Build: Landyachtz 36” Evo, 75kv TB DD's, MakerX Go-Foc Retro, 10S4P [complete!]

Hi all, have started putting my board together after I finally got everything together. I will document the build in this thread.

Components

• Landyachtz 36" Evo
  • eBoosted Enclosure
  • MakerX Go-Foc Retro ESC
  • MakerX Anti-Spark Switch
  • TorqueBoards 75KV Direct Drives
  • 10S4P from Metroboard

Starting Point

Empty Enclosure + Motors Mounted

Battery Velcro Gorilla Glued + Power Button + Charging Port

I added an O-ring for the power button

ESC Install / Mounting

I hot glued M4 Rivet Nuts with M4 screws so I can easily remove the ESC, hopefully the glue holds :pray:

Where I’m at:

What I think is remaining:

• Glue down the remote receiver
  • Glue down anti spark switch
  • Drill holes for motor related wiring

Also note, for component I am glueing down, I am first wrapping in plastic heat shrink, so if I have to remove it I can cut the heat shrink layer.

6 Likes

If you’re worried about the glue holding you might consider using adhesive velcro. Then it’s easy enough to remove/move around

2 Likes

Pretty happy with the progress thus far considering @CiscoV said “maybe in a month I’ll have the enclosure and deck”

2 Likes

If the glue doesn’t hold I will try that. I actually did the glue because I thought the velcro wouldn’t hold + I also wanted there to be space between the ESC and where it was resting to maximize cooling.

Nice! What’s the battery and total weight?

2 Likes

and lol luckily I can return everything that didn’t work as I imagined / don’t need / wrong size / etc, amazon💕

Amazon Spree

1 Like

Lol I forgot to include that key information, it’s a 10S4P from Metroboard. This is my test build to see what works, for my official build I am using a 10S4P I bought from @Skyart (40" build).

Unsure of the weight, but the sled is pretty light overall.

3 Likes

Very nice I got metro10s4 That I need to finish keep posting I’m watching :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Exciting news (for me), finished it last night :slight_smile:

I drilled the holes for motor wires, installed grommets and wired it up

The Result, I present to you (temp. name) W01-TB :partying_face:

11 Likes

I think I did a good job for it being my first DIY build, very happy with how it came out. Excited to do my 40" Evo soon.

• A million thank you’s to this forum
  • Thank you @eBoosted for the link to this forum, I messaged him knowing zero about this stuff a couple months ago and he was very kind
  • @CiscoV I think I’m beyond having at least a deck + enclosure :two_hearts:
8 Likes

Wow, thats awesome for a first build!

2 Likes

Very clean such a cool build :call_me_hand: test out that battery let’s see what it’s got until you get @Skyart :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just love a clean looking evo build, that looks soo good! Tested it out yet?

2 Likes

Nice 36”. Working on one too. Just making sure you did something to address the phase wire exposure at the joints.

2 Likes

Thank you. Not beyond running it for 5 feet in my apartment :stuck_out_tongue:

Stuck at the office for a few more hours then taking it to Central Park :grin:

3 Likes

I’m waiting for some wire sleeving then I’ll use electrical tape and sleeve them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HYYYYYPE! let me know what you think of those 75kv dds!

3 Likes

I was only able to go around once but wow all I can compare it to is my revel and wow, so much more power/torque

3 Likes

Did you come from reddit?

Yes, but I was asking you kind of silly (hindsight) questions on WhatsApp and you told me to read here

1 Like