First Build - Lacroix Deck || 12s5p 40T || Dual Focbox || Torque Boards 6380 170 KV || Neptune 15 BMS||

This build is a beast bro!! Tons of torque… very hard to control it when giving full throttle.

I love the way the Lacroix deck handles, you can lean your weight into a turn, and the more you lean its so precise how it turns more, like a surfy feeling but at the same time super locked in!

At the moment i love everything about it, time will tell my dislikes and if i find anything i should change.

Loving the Neptune BMS also, allows you to see in realtime the state of your cells, even change charge rate, for example you have a 10A charger, you can set to charge at 4A.

5 Likes

Video of board launch at only 50% throttle.

3 Likes

@Eskate444 Amazing build! I hope you’re really happy with how it turned out.

What kind of range are you getting from that battery pack? I’m thinking about the same pack and I’m curious about your range.

Thanks!

Thanks bro, 60 KM range easy, if going full throttle, high hills, 50 KM.

2 Likes

50* 50* 8mm

2 Likes

This is sweet build, sounds awesome as well. Well done!

1 Like

Can you link the BMS you use? I’m building a pack with the same cells and config as you. Thanks!

1 Like

I been eyein’ the 20 as well.

3 Likes

I dont see any current ratings, does the 15 mean 15A? 150A?

Nevermind, I see that it’s 60A.

2 Likes

Dude. So dope… So jealous…

1 Like

Dripping wet over here. Sick board! This is exactly what we’re working on with @DerelictRobot for my next board. Now more than ever I’m motivated to keep going and just get it done

Thanks for the inspiration

4 Likes

I was wondering how you wired the Neptune 15 for charge only. Their site only lists battery pack and controller cables from the BMS but your shot here shows the separate charge pair.

Was thinking it would be something like this?

3 Likes

Looking to hear more about this! Hoping someone will reply :weary:

Looks all good here @love2scoot ! Just curious why you have 12s4p and 1s4p in the diagram?

1st build? GTFO, lol.
that’s some crazy power, lol

discharge bypass is the same for all BMS, i think.
it’s just wired in parallel with the load instead of in series.

13s4p :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Those are the names of the P groups. You can see the whole schematic on my build thread over here

1 Like

Where did you get the deck and enclosure from?

ive got same set up !!! 50km range @ 90kgs. I hit 56km/hr today … fast yet stable!

Do you like the enclosure on the bottom?
For off-road riding I quickly learned I had to move things up :slight_smile:
Curious about your experience with it…

I love everything about it except the Phillips head hardware.

2 Likes