First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

I tried it that way and can’t remember why I moved then on the inside…but yeah I may try it again next week seeing that it’s gonna rain all next week here.

@esk8manbabes is right. I thought you had adjustable mounts so disregard what I wrote earlier and follow Michael’s advice.

1 Like

thx. I got the slack out the reason it keeps returning is because these motor plates flex like crazy. you can see them flex just by testing belt tension with your finger. I’m using the cross bars to help with that.

That is not good. How thick are these plates?

1 Like

I’m looking for better ones.

1 Like

That looks like a little less than 3/16".

1 Like

Yes. I purchased these when I did not know what to look for in a good motor plate.

What can cause studdering while accelerating hard. Sometimes it happens sometimes not.

Can you run RKP spacers outside the wheel…should the front and back wheel be the same distance apart?

I run spacers on the outside of my wheels sometimes, it’s not a problem.
Having the front narrower than the rear isn’t ideal.
If it’s just a few millimeters you probably won’t notice.
But it definitely can start to affect you’re ride.

1 Like

thx, got it…I noticed things fit better for me with the rear wheel closer to the truck.

I like to run my stuff as narrow as I can. Motors typically have a few mm between them.
I almost always have some spacers on the outside.
I gotta pick up more verities of lengths of shoulder bolts some time.

2 Likes

yeah man i learn something new y day on this forum. narrow is good for me.

1 Like

Rear wheels closer to the truck, Oh yeah that made a world of difference. The rear and front wheels were the same distance apart. That did not feel good at high speeds. Also recalibrated my remote that fixed my acceleration.

:grimacing: so i was riding today not paying any attention to my battery meter. next thing i know the board shuts off after a good long ride. i checked the battery to find out it was at 0%. I got home and plugged the charger in and it flashes red then green. when i powered the board off it turns solid green. is something wrong with my battery? it’s only been charging for about 5-10 mins now. 1.5A charger.

You may have discharged your battery too low for the charger to work. What’s your cutoff voltage set to?

1 Like

it says 40.8 cutoff start volts and 37.2 cutoff end volts

37.2 seems to me a bit too low for a 12s pack but I don’t think that would be enough to trip the charger out.

I was so into the ride … I didn’t notice my battery levels. I fried my battery. I now know what charge only bms means and how scary discharge bms can be. I thought the unity was suppose to stop me or cutoff the power or something. Anyways it was fun while it lasted. I got 1 hour of pure 80 degree day waterfront riding on a 12s6p, Psychotiller, RedEmber, Surfrodz rolling on sixes beast of a board fun. Let me tell ya this thing rides like a dream. So yeah another noob mistake. What I find so awesome is that there are people in this community that will talk to me on the phone, show me how to use a multimeter to diagnose the battery pack that I just fried…that’s badass right there. Love this esk8 shit!!! :sunglasses:

11 Likes