First build...ever! (NYAKIM 1)

yes the ones that come with the mounts but they dont spin freely.

I think something should be between the idler and the motor plate…

U know I’m not the brightest bulb but I think these plates are really weird.

Loosen all the motor bolts.
Pull on the motor plate and tighten the ones you have access to with the belt on.
Remove the belt and tighten the rest of the bolts.
That should get you at least close to where you should be.

1 Like

ahhhh ok I see where you are going with this I’ll try that…thx.

Basically it is the same thing @mmaner wrote simplified.

2 Likes

I tried moving my motors before and they don’t move at all…yes they are all loose almost out.

Do you need a shorter belt?

There should be a spacer (or multiple spacers to get the depth correct) between the idler bearing and the mount.

1 Like

ok guys I think I got it testing drive now be back in…well it depends if it works or not if it works i’ll check in at 20% battery.

Just as I go to test ride

2 Likes

Think I’ll try the 60t…dont have time for this I want to ride…lol

the black tubing is to line the holes in the enclosure. I don’t want any vibra-cuts in my phases wires.

2 Likes

I would suggest using the 60t. I have some 42t that I swap in sometimes but I always go back.

1 Like

Then it’s a go…I’ll order belts tonight the 375-5M-12 are to short I’m thinking 385 390 maybe?

Guess-ta-mation

1 Like

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/CenterDistanceDesigner

1 Like

thx bruh

1 Like

Since you got the static motor motor mounts you will need to use idlers. I have the same thing and the included idlers indeed suck and rub. That not how I’d like my idlers.

Best would be to get the same type of bolt but a little longer and 8mm bearing sized so you can fit two or three bearings on them. Then some spacers to keep the bearings free rolling.

What I currently use is a bearing with integrated spacer and just tightens that down. Downside of this is the contact is thin but it does work. They do seem to make my belts snap under hard braking and by hard braking I mean very hard braking as in wheel slippage.
Not 100 percent sure yet if this is why they then snap or because of my insane braking but I’ll know when I finally switch to what I am suggesting to you.

Don’t mind the black on the bearings. That’s from the go cart track day and it’s wheel rubber.

1 Like

thx bruh. My crossbar is to short I had to use bolts and loctite. Hope it holds. I found out that these motor plates flex like a wet noodle. For me I have to have a crossbar. Learned something new today…what was that static motor mounts?

That build is badass…I may go street at some point as well.

1 Like

By static motor motor mounts I mean that the motor position is fixed and therefore belt tension is only adjusted via idlers.

You can also order adjustable motor mounts from Janux apparently but you will need to message him.
Found that out later when I had already ordered.

Weird that your cross bars don’t reach. I was under the impression that the mount can’t really be moved very far on the hanger or it won’t fix tight on the hanger.
Did you not notice the little notches that stick out on the hanger mount? They need to be on the outer end of the hanger.
I think you have them reversed which is why they are spaced out this far now and the bars don’t reach.

1 Like