First build | Bustin Sportster | TB DD XL 75kv | 12s4p P42a | Unity

The original plan was to do a deck swap for my Ownboard bamboo AT. But as I waited for the enclosure/battery, I had second thoughts on the build and decided to make this a thane board.

After PM’ing many of you in this forum, I was able to put this together.

I did have some experience with DIY as my Ownboard has a FSESC6.6 mini and I put together the Flux board. Also had experience playing with my Lacroix Nazare and Prototipo.

Parts list:
-Bustin Sportster deck
-Torqueboards direct drive XL 75kv
-TB110 72a
-12s4p P42a battery from @A13XR3
-Enclosure from @eBoosted
-Fatboy x plate from @3DServisas
-Focbox Unity
-Hoyt Puck from @JJHoyt

24 Likes

Super clean, I wanna get a chance to ride a sportster deck someday. They look really nice and comfortable

2 Likes

@EDness
Nice build I like a lot :star_struck:
@A13XR3 dude lookin sweet on that battery :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

That’s a really cool shell for puck, clean just like the rest of the build :+1:

2 Likes

How’s she ride?

2 Likes

What inserts did you use? That deck is really thin, and I don’t see any signs from the top :smiley:

1 Like

M4 x 0.375

I think the new decks are different. Thicker and extremely stiff. I do not need a flexy enclosure for this.

1 Like

did a slow test ride…good but very stiff. Was hoping for some flex for the deck but it’s a completely stiff deck.

Nice build! I was afraid of that though. A lot of people have said there’s very little flex, how much do you weigh? I’m only 65 kg so that’s not a good start.

I’ve purchased this deck initially because it’s been described as flexy, but now it’s not… :see_no_evil:

Do you have any other photos of the insides?

It does flex but not much.

Playing with a new setup.

-BN270 with XL mounts
-Flipsky BH 6384 190kv
-Evolve 6” kit
-16T motor/58T board bumpers pulleys
-caliber II base plates

12 Likes

nice, how do you like compared to your previous set up?

How’s the bite? I have Bergs and 220mm hangers drop mounted and it needed to get pushed out by 3/4" to work

way more stable, lower to the ground…but almost half the range.

none. The BN270 is wide enough that i can go full loose and not bite.

3 Likes

Nice drivetrain swap! I am STILL waiting for my Bustin Sportster that I ordered a while back and when it gets here I am seriously considering BN270s. I betcha that thing is stable AF. How is the turning radius with such a wide stance?

turning radius isn’t bad at all. I had to put softer bushings in the front so it’s stable and carvy. This setup has too much power for such short deck. I’m a lightweight so this thing pulls much harder than my Larcroix lonestar.

1 Like

This is basically my dream street build :heart_eyes:

I love the sportster and I would probably run both 110s and 6 inch pneumies

Are you planning on trying the 110s with the belt drive?

2 Likes

i need to get some Kegel pulleys. I just sold my 38T and 42T so I’m a little bitter about getting another set lol.

I did try out 45T with 120mm cloudwheels and the enclosure/ground clearance is definitely a concern.

1 Like

I’ve always liked how these bustin sportster builds looked. Good job

4 Likes