Finding the ideal trucks

On my newest build I’m having difficulty selecting trucks. Its a flux deck and
i mainly do high speed street riding. Currently I’m considering:

MBS Matrix II / III or something from
Trampa ATB spring trucks
ONSRA TKP CNC truck kit
Anything else I should consider or insight on the choices mentioned above? Thanks.

2 Likes

Bioboards have channel trucks releasing soon.

Personally I would consider Newbee RTKP trucks and reverse the rear baseplate for stability. Or there’s always Moon’s Luna trucks, which are really great on Flux builds.

On a deck with angled tips like the flux that’s going to be insanely turney, to the point that you can’t even go straight lol. Also their axle length is really small, not meant for the usual AT wheels people here use.

2 Likes

I really liked my 3d servisas set when I had a flux deck, with radium bushing adapters and riptide blocks its really nice.

Your riding style sounds like it’s similar to mine and I had no problem getting those 3ds trucks past 50mph with the right setup.

5 Likes

My channel trucks are coming out soon.
Already in machining.
Took some time to learn the machine’s control but I am happy with the results.
310mm hanger width, 65mm wide axles (custom lengths available)
21mm hanger profile; 20mm square mounting square
Riptide Bushings
0 deg or 5deg angled baseplates

17 Likes

Wait you can do that? :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Those look pretty sick. You should sell me an early set for testing purposes :wink:

2 Likes

Those look gorgeous. I need to get a higher paying job so I can afford all this cool shit.

1 Like

yep, all you need is these things and any matrix 2style truck will work with riptide bushings. Its such a huge upgrade, the quality of the riptide bushings will completely change a board compared to the cheap mbs bushings

5 Likes

Nice. I was sure they only work in M2 and especially since 3ds seems like trampa bushing geometry.

I don’t even bother with trucks that don’t accept riptide urethane anymore :grin:

3 Likes

Lacroix Hypertruck is also an option.

1 Like

I’m really liking PKPs paired with my flux deck, had to change around the bushings a bit and mess with them but I can carve super hard around 15 mph, and still able to hit about 40 without feeling unstable. Turning circle is decent too, I can 360 on a two lane road pretty easily.

1 Like

@Boardnamics 10mm axles possible as well?

1 Like

Definitely, as well as custom hanger lengths

3 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone, you guys really helped me make a selection.

1 Like

Could you explain why you went with 0 and 5 deg for your options?

I feel like 5 deg could have been achieved with angled risers, and people would go crazy if you had a ~35deg version for flat decks.

2 Likes

Could, but even 5 degrees bends bolts a whole lot. And on flat decks channel trucks really raise the ride height…

1 Like

I was not saying it was a good idea I was saying people would buy it