[FIN] Decks to be made

Are the “Evo” angles correct?
The wider, front side of the deck seems to be pointing down and the rear up.
It should be the other way around.

I’m still looking for a deck + enclosure which can fit 12s6p so im definitely interested

That is a big wishlist. And a lot to put in a board that wouldn’t really work. 32x10 I feel like would be to with for that small size and would make it unstable. Adjustable mounting positions with wheel wells isn’t a thing cause you would have about 4 inch long wheel wells. That with a micro drop.

You’re asking for 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. And alpaca as awesome animals you should never slap them.

2 Likes

@b264 rides a 30x10
My green Skateshread deck is also 30x10.
It’s definitely not a 30pmh+ build but just under 30 is fun. And we really don’t have much for short decks designed for esk8

3 Likes

The wheel wells could accommodate the furthest back position and continue all the way forward/rearward, I could go thinner but I wear size 11.5 shoes and find myself having to readjust my feet to get my toes or heels in a nice position to really dig into a turn. The adjustment before the turn creates a slight instability so I really need to plan each turn way in advance in order to be ready for a sharp turn at any decent speed.

“If you build it, they will ride it” lol, Field of Dreams, see what I did there?

I ride 30"x10" all the time, and they top-out at 30mph.

The mistake I see a lot is making the front too narrow. The widest part of the deck needs to be directly over the front truck bolts… everyone misses that and puts it further back. Even right behind the front truck bolts is too far back.

This became the Blue One

3 Likes

That is how that one is but it is 8 by 28.

1 Like

This is a good idea. I don’t know how many people are going to be dropping through a dropped board.

Having this as an option would allow people that want to the ability to do so, but even my flat drop-through deck, I just run top mounted, not even using the drop through cut-outs. With a dropped deck, i’ll probably be using risers.

This is all to say that cutting the drop-through removes a lot of the decks strength right here:

Seen too many drop through decks crack right there when people were running their drop-through decks top mounted like a lot of people do.

8 Likes

If you are doing an evo can you make sure that a standard evo enclosure such as @eBoosted can fit it

They said they’ll be making custom enclosures to go along with the decks, so compatibility isn’t needed.

2 Likes

As in even if they make custom enclosures wouldn’t it be easier if you could use a standard evo enclosure so that you could have more styles of how big battery and the looks of the build

2 Likes

Regular Evo enclosure might not fit because new deck is wider

1 Like

I’ll bee back tomorrow with some responses to you all. No ebosted enclosure will fit. This is not a 1:1 evo. Take a look at it. It’s wider in the rear instead of front.

1 Like

Why?

That’s how I like it. But can change it if you guys wan’t it like the evo. No problem.
Could possible be made both ways woth same mold. Just different milling process.

Decks that are narrower in the front don’t make sense as far as I am concerned.

4 Likes

Thanks for your opinion! When I started to design this deck it was ment for me. And I ride pneumatics range from 150-200mm… Therefor my thought was a narrower front would have less wheel bite. And I like to have more space to move my right foot on the rear. .

If you guys want it the other way around I understand that! Let me know and I change it.

Laters

If you were to make the truck mounts the same the buyer could use whichever direction they wanted. And use angled risers for desired position.

Me too.
Actually I would like my Evo to be a little wider front and rear.

4 Likes

Okay no problem. I could make it 10rear 11"-11.5" front…?