Featherenix | Agacê Cruiser 33” | 10S2P 30Q | FSESC 4.20 | Custom DD | Blue Caguamas | 3D Printed Enclosure

It’s that a fusion model? Would you be willing to share it?

Sure, let me know if you can open, I don’t remember if a have a neutral file in this zip

3 Likes

Nice I actually thought about this this week, I think when one of you guys mentioned wide tires. That is nicer than I would have come up with tho.

1 Like

do you only have them in solid works format?

I will upload to grab cad in .step latter

1 Like

This looks too cool. We need more updates! And pictures!

1 Like

Thanks Janpon, this project is on hold for now, once I finish the MTB I may do something with it, maybe a lightweight single drive

The direct drive is postponed indefinitely, all the shops around here doesn’t even respond with quotes anymore and you can only talk to them if you go there and aren’t willing to do any small orders. Well, a few years back they were begging for small orders since the market was bad, but I won’t return to any of them

China had a good price, but the dolar price climbed a lot and it would be way too expensive unfortunately

1 Like

Have you considered simply using hub motors? Not the greatest type of drive but probably the most lightweight. Might be a good fit for a light board.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m keeping a look at Jeff ones, but will let people test them first, or I may get some cheap ones from Ali express just to play with

1 Like

Where did you get that handle on the rear from?

So, I’m thinking in putting this together, FSESC mini 4.20, 4S3P battery and one of these motors

• old TB 5065
  • boosted
  • tb 5055
  • generic AliExpress one
  • tb6355

Really inclined to use the boosted one because I want to see how it performs, it has a really narrow stator and the bearings are a bit shot

2 Likes

Made a bit of a mess, but Boosted motor works with my mount, and also confirmed that it has a NTC temperature sensor and 3 hall sensors

The plan it to print a pulley that goes over the original motor one

2 Likes

Holy hell this thing is slow, the difference between using the throttle or not is hard to notice :smile:

Tomorrow I will increase the motor current, put some Venon bushings that were on the Hummie deck build and do some more tests, talking about it, it’s really weird to ride, came from long and low to short and tall, feels like I’m balancing on a rope

3 Likes

I just realized how similar of a build I’m running, 10s1p single 5065 light board with small wheels. I have the exact same scale and mine reads a hair heavier at 5.44kg (21700 cells vs 18650, it’s a 36" longboard, and it has an enclosure)

I think mine tops at 15 MPH but it’s got some decent kick to it at least, might run a 6355 for some extra torque and speed at the cost of a few g and range

1 Like

larger motors are more efficient though

Fair point, I was thinking that if I let more current to the motor the efficiency will drop (its running at 20 battery amps and 30 motor amps)

1 Like

Nice, I will definitely make something decent of this build in the future, for now just to ride around the block and play with different configurations

I’m thinking in going 10S2P made from 30Q since it’s the only cell I can source around here, Ideally I would like 40T, 30T or VTC5D

Definitely, when I changed from 5055 to 6355, using the same gearing, same Kv and same current settings, the 6355 had way more punch, so less energy was being wasted as heat, kind of obviously since it had half on the winding resistance

Lets see how far I can push this Boosted motor, need to wire in the temperature sensor, and just realized I can drop in the Metr since the MTB is not done yet

Range test day, and also increased the motor to +40/-40 A and changed the switching frequency to 30 kHz

This thing is dead silent, slow motor speed, plus both ABS pulleys and you can barely hear it. For sure it’s slow and has little power, but perfect for the purpose it was built

The log shows all, I don’t know why it didn’t record location

1 Like

@Pedrodemio, any chance you have a cad for FSESC mini 4.20? I am building couple small bikes for kids and esc’s are ptob a month out so i cant even model them. Would appreciate step.

2 Likes

Hey @Agniusm i don’t think I do but will see if I remember to check tomorrow, if I do it will be a really crude one, probably just a box

If you don’t hear back shoot me a message on my Instagram (@Pedrodemio) since I’ve not been coming here much lately

Edit: I don’t have one

1 Like