Featherenix | Agacê Cruiser 33” | 10S2P 30Q | FSESC 4.20 | Custom DD | Blue Caguamas | 3D Printed Enclosure

Just got this pair of boosted motors from a friend, apparently the bearings aren’t smooth, has anyone ever opened one of these? They definitively have a different electromagnetic design from most motors, while there a big cogging steps like every motor, the is a lot more tiny steps while you spin it by hand, really similar to a high pole / slot count motor

4 Likes

So the reason for the different cogging torque is curved magnets

If the DD goes south they may end up in this build

2 Likes

Shit how did I miss this build–following. @Pedrodemio nice to see every step going into this, good work man :clap::clap:

1 Like

Those really are tiny motors

@whaddys thanks man, I really want to get it riding as soon as possible, unfortunately the machine shop here that has good quality and a very fair price takes ages to quote, in the meanwhile a chinese factory respond in a few hours with a detailed quote, unfortunately they probably are more expensive when you consider shipping, taxes, and our crap dólar conversion

@Saturn_Corp Indeed, but they are really well constructed, the only thing that I will pick is using non sealed bearings, these motors are in perfect conditions, only the outer bearing is completely shot, and you can’t replace them since the pulley is press fit and has to be cut in half with a Dremel, so if they replaced with sealed bearings these motor would last a long time

But other than that, they have curved magnets, at least 3 different epoxy types in different areas of the windings to secure eveything, a plastic shield that prevents any wire to shorting or the mounting screw going too deep, a decent copper fill, more than most motors

I will have time in January to test a bunch of motors I have here and compare and rate the output torque and power scientifically, lets see how they do

1 Like

Nice 3" Wide?

3 Likes

just a hair over 2"

2 Likes

This is really cool, I will see if it can be done for the plastic ones, after seeing @rich pictures I really want to start with a wide tire

3 Likes

Do you mean superstars? I would guess they have a fairly similar profile so it shouldn’t be to difficult.

Yeah, I have them fully modeled, it may be possible to make a design that mix laser cut and 3D printed parts for it to be dirt cheap to make, I’ve been loving this construction method

1 Like

It’s that a fusion model? Would you be willing to share it?

Sure, let me know if you can open, I don’t remember if a have a neutral file in this zip

3 Likes

Nice I actually thought about this this week, I think when one of you guys mentioned wide tires. That is nicer than I would have come up with tho.

1 Like

do you only have them in solid works format?

I will upload to grab cad in .step latter

1 Like

This looks too cool. We need more updates! And pictures!

1 Like

Thanks Janpon, this project is on hold for now, once I finish the MTB I may do something with it, maybe a lightweight single drive

The direct drive is postponed indefinitely, all the shops around here doesn’t even respond with quotes anymore and you can only talk to them if you go there and aren’t willing to do any small orders. Well, a few years back they were begging for small orders since the market was bad, but I won’t return to any of them

China had a good price, but the dolar price climbed a lot and it would be way too expensive unfortunately

1 Like

Have you considered simply using hub motors? Not the greatest type of drive but probably the most lightweight. Might be a good fit for a light board.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m keeping a look at Jeff ones, but will let people test them first, or I may get some cheap ones from Ali express just to play with

1 Like

Where did you get that handle on the rear from?