Favorite Carver Deck (whose your favorite new kid, call me donnie)

There have been a few conversations in other topics but i’d like a poll and learn what your favorite carver deck is.

For the purposes of this thread my definition of carver is: a deck designed to use pneumatic wheels on roads with potential for light AT but not a distinct mountain board. many times this means undermounted battery but not always.

• Haero Bro
  • Prototipo
  • Nazare
  • Kaly XL
  • Trampa carve
  • Trampa Holy Pro
  • Trampa HS11
  • Colab
  • other not listed, see comment below
  • stupid effing question it’s so personal that i’m confused why i even took the time to vote

0 voters

7 Likes

dibs, second post, (5)maners

Trampa Carver
Trampa Mountain Board
Prototipo
Nazare
Haero Bro
Kaly XL
Colab
mbs

@venom121212 has a mountain board thread

@ixf has good comparison posted in @rafaelinmissouri 's carver build

1 Like

Haha, I was 1st :smile:. Seriously though, the proto is pretty damned hard to beat. Big enough to provide ample real estate, small enough to be nimble. It’s versatile as hell. 8im nummies to 100mm thane, ETF ever. Great enclosure, premium deck construction. 10/10.

7 Likes

How much clearance do you get with 100mm wheels?

3 Likes

You’d have to ask @Sender. I tried it, but I like numies on MTB decks and thane on street decks, traditionalist I guess :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

@Lobap - i see you voted “other” what deck do you favor for a carver?

2 Likes

sadly the only carver style deck i’ve ridden is my trampa short 14ply carve deck (i’m 160lbs)

i look forward to trying all these other decks some day so i can make a comparison

4 Likes

…a LaCroix Street Carver could benefit if you install 120mm rubberized wheels instead (and SrfRz adj. base plates of course :wink:). Like @Sender’s 2018 Built of the Year.

received_258902288642200l

4 Likes

I’ve only really put time on the trampa Carver so… that lol? I quite like the bounce.

I need more to try more. I had a short time in a kaly and peototipo urethane but they were also not set up properly for my weight

2 Likes

That is a freakin good looking board how can I get one of those decks ?

2 Likes

How much clearance do you have there for the enclosure…? This seems like something I’d be interested in

4 Likes

Think we can do better :wink:

5 Likes

Ask @Sender.

5 Likes

Yeah @Nacho, ask @Sender! He just pushed the envelope a little bit two years ago with that one. I believe he was the first human being in the Milky Way who installed SurfRodz adjustable mounting trucks on the Prototypo and was also one of the first five recipients of the first batch of @MoeStooge’s new street/race 120mm rubberized wheels. That Prototypo being the first in the galaxy with such wheels (street version … 120mm diameter, 50mm wide, 70a duro)… oh! and @akhlut custom alum X- Things

She earned the coveted distiction 2018 Build of the Year :trophy::1st_place_medal: for those innovations.

5 Likes

Again Bro, @Sender has the answers. That’s his baby. Ask him.

2 Likes

I really like the MBS pro 90 but… they don’t make it anymore :frowning:

@wandagoner Why would you only let me pick one?

I’m mad at you. Sleep on the couch tonight.

4 Likes

Because you can’t pick your fav spice girl, so I’m forcing a fav NKOTB (don’t you dare say Jordan)

2 Likes

I can’t help that I love all of the Spice Girls equally.

Why must you punish me for that? I remember the beforefore times, prior to the power of authority corrupting you.

4 Likes

@ixf

You didn’t pick the bro deck?